Health Discovery Network
jamie111

Pts for Hamburger Helper??

i was looking in my ww cfc, and i could not find betty crocker hamburger helper in there, i had this for dinner, the cheeseburger macaroni kind, and my dh threw the box out, before i could find out the pts, does anyone know? thanks :)

Jamie :workout:

The box gives the following:

Serv. size: 1/3 cup as pkgd or 1 cup prepared.

Servings Per Container: about 5

Calories: 160 as pkgd

340 prepared

Total Fat: 2 g

Fiber: 1 g

This would give it a point value of 7 for 1 cup prepared Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper.

Cheryl

SD~07/27/2010

SW~227

GW~160:help:

I make Hamburger Helper for my family and the way I reduce the points is to use ground turkey instead of beef and I only use half the amount of meat. I cut back on the liquids a little so the meal doesn't become too soupy. Depending on the variety I use, I add broccoli to it to make more bulk in the meal and not add any more points. Doing this, I get the points down to 5, 6 or 7 points depending on the variety and for 1/4 of the box, not the 1/5 it says.

SW 207.2 / CW 200.0 / WWG 160 / PGW 145 :exercise:

weight.png

mkholly, thats a great trick! I never thought of fluffing the meal with broccoli before. Hamburger helpers usually come out really tasty but are SO high in points :(. Next time I'll remember those tips.

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs