Health Discovery Network
firechick139

Anyone make their own yogurt smoothie?

I don't know if this has been posted lately or not, so I apologize if this is a repeat.

I like to make my own smoothie with plain ff yogurt, DaVinci syrup, and a little bit of skim milk. The milk makes it taste more like a milkshake than a smoothie! YUM! I'm sure this can also be done with the flavored yogurts, too!

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

i have a yogurt smoothie for breakfast almost every day..it is fast, and very portable, i can drink it on the way to work :)

i make mine out of a ww yogurt (1 point) 8 ounces skim milk (2 points) and a scoop of Designer Protein Whey in Vanilla Praline flavor (2 points) (I get this at GNC...a girlfriend told me that she read in Prevention magazine that it is a great protein to drink when you stall out on a platuea) i mix it all in the blender for a few seconds.

it is 5 points total, but i figure it is a great metabolism starter for the morning with the protein and gives me almost both of my dairy. this morning i had just a yogurt and a 1 1/2 point banana muffin...and it did not fill me up or keep me full as long, so i figure it is worth the 5 points :)

good luck everyone........enjoy :)

Suzcaplooz

HW 218 Curves 01-18-2004

SW 189.2 Weight Watchers 01-10-2006

10% Goal met 04-11-2006

CW 148.2 10-16-06

...getting closer!!!

.....only 3.2 more!!!!

GW 145

I actually use 1 cup ff yogurt, 1 cup frozen berry mix (or any other fruit - I like the frozen because it keeps the smoothie cold, but that is just me) from trader joes and 2 packets of splenda. It comes out pretty thick, but you can add a splash of skim milk to thin it out if you want.

I am on Core so I don't have to count any of the above, but I think it would work out to about 3 or 4 points.

It is really good - I make this 2 or 3 times per week. It is full of calcium and protein and keeps me full for a long time - I usually don't need a mid-morning snack when I drink them.

Original SW: 149

New SW (11/8/10): 138

CW: 132

GW: 125

:work_out:

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

This is one I like.

1/3 cup f/f milk

2/3 cup plain f/f yogurt

1 tsp. dry nonfat powdered milk (to cut the tart taste of the yogurt)

vanilla and Splenda to taste.

1 cup of frozen mixed berries, blueberries or strawberries

Mix in a blender and enjoy

Ann

ann p

mmmmm smoothie.. yumm.

I have 1 a day usually - either for breakfast or dessert.

1 cup ff plain yogurt

1 cup skim milk

2 packs of splenda

1T+ Vanilla

1/2-whole banana

1cup or more of frozen strawberries.

about 1 cup of Ice

-Core

This makes 1 gigantic smoothie or 2 normal ones. Hubby likes to share with me, so I make the big one usually.

FYI, If you have leftover, you can freeze it. Let it sit out for a little while to thaw a bit before you eat - and it is a great frozen treat!

SW 176.8/CW 167.0/10% goal 159.8/PG135

Easter Challenge

2/15 167.0

2/28 167.0 still

3/1

3/8

3/15

3/22 *Leaving for vaca 3/26 -4/4

3/29

4/5