1 c splenda

1 package sf/ff instant chocolate jello pudding

1/2 c ff milk or water

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/3 c unsweetend applesauce

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

Combine flour, pudding mix, cocoa, Splenda, baking soda and salt, mix well. Stir in applesauce, eggs, milk (or water), and vanilla. Mix well. Spray 8"x8" square pan with cooking spray, spread batter evenly into pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

They are more fudgy than the original recipe I tried. (I added the pudding and the milk and used whole eggs instead of egg whites, which the original recipe called for)

I ate mine with a glass if cold milk and YUMMY! I hope someone gets a chance to try them.:headover:

PJ:exercise:

'cause I wanna see my kids grow up!

SW 315

High weight while pregnant 300

CW 278

Down 12lbs so far

Working on getting back down to thin!

Would this be a small box of pudding? They sound good. I would love to make them for my family.

I used a small box of pudding. Hope you like them, my family did! I also made some sf/ff cheesecake pudding with them and it was yummy!:wave:

SW 315

CW 278

Down 12lbs so far

Guest kamikazekumori
Combine flour, pudding mix, .....
is there any flour in this recipe or is it just the oat bran? :confused: i didn't see it in the list of ingredients, unless the word "flour" was left out here:

1/4 c plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder
so is it possible that it's supposed to be "1/4 c flour plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder"?

i'm just wondering 'cause i really want to make them!! :D

is there any flour in this recipe or is it just the oat bran? :confused: i didn't see it in the list of ingredients, unless the word "flour" was left out here:

so is it possible that it's supposed to be "1/4 c flour plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder"?

i'm just wondering 'cause i really want to make them!! :D

I'm guessing...but I'm a pretty good guesser! :) I think she meant "oat bran" when she said "flour". I'm sure there's no flour, because flour isn't Core. :bcbsalute

So that would make the 1/4 C. plus 2 TBS. of cocoa powder~ :) :bcbsalute

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest kamikazekumori
I'm guessing...but I'm a pretty good guesser! :) I think she meant "oat bran" when she said "flour". I'm sure there's no flour, because flour isn't Core. :bcbsalute

So that would make the 1/4 C. plus 2 TBS. of cocoa powder~ :) :bcbsalute

awesome, that's what my mom and i figured. i made them, but i haven't tried them yet! :p

I think it means 1/4c. cocoa plus 2 tbs cocoa

I am not defined by the number, but how healthy my body is!

2 teach is 2 touch 4 ever

~*Nicole*~

Yes it was oat bran and not flour. Sorry! I didn't mean to confuse you! And it is 1/4 c plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder. I hope someone gets to try them, I make them often! Last night I put 1/2 c FF no sugar added Blue Bunny Vanilla ice cream on top of a browning after warming it up, and YUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMYY!! It was really good!

SW 315

CW 278

Down 12lbs so far

awesome, that's what my mom and i figured. i made them, but i haven't tried them yet! :p

I'll be anxious to hear what you think. I like the Chocolate Snackin' Cake, and this looks alot like it.

Remember, a CORE "baked good" is going to be very different than a regular "baked good". Since we can't use flour, everything will taste more dense and substantial...but I LIKE that! LOL. :)

YUMMM.. I just made these and they are really good! I didn't have chocolate pudding, so I used the ff/sf instant cheesecake pudding that I had on hand - they are still quite chocolaty and very yummy!

SW 176.8/CW 167.0/10% goal 159.8/PG135

Easter Challenge

2/15 167.0

2/28 167.0 still

3/1

3/8

3/15

3/22 *Leaving for vaca 3/26 -4/4

3/29

4/5

I made the recipe as above while I on and I have 2 left am now on flex. I used a recipe spreadsheet and calorie king to figure out the points and it comes to 2.2 so I am rounding it to 2 for a 6 serving pan :)

I will definetely make this again.. no matter what Plan I'm on.

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I ran this through MC and got 2 points for 1/6 of the pan. I'm going to have to try these.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Core Brownies

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

3/4 c oat bran

1/4 c cocoa powder

2 tablespoons cocoa powder

1 c splenda

1 package ff/SF Chocolate Pudding Mix

1/2 c skim milk

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/3 c unsweetened applesauce

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

(preheat oven to 350)

Combine flour, pudding mix, cocoa, Splenda, baking soda and salt, mix well. Stir in applesauce, eggs, milk (or water), and vanilla. Mix well. Spray 8"x8" square pan with cooking spray, spread batter evenly into pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

S(Internet Address):

"http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124875"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 133 Calories; 4g Fat (23.1% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 477mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest Donalee

Brownies are my weakness!! I am going to definately try these. Is the snacking choc. cake core to? If so, does anyone have the link to the recipe?

Guest MamaArdra

i am soooo going to make these tonight! i have been dying for brownies! :) where does one find "oat bran" though? i have no clue :(

i am so happy to find out that core includes cocoa powder! that rocks :)

where does one find "oat bran" though? i have no clue :(

In my grocery stores it is right there with the cream of wheat type cereals.

Brownies are my weakness!! I am going to definately try these. Is the snacking choc. cake core to? If so, does anyone have the link to the recipe?

I just pulled it up for you on this Core Recipes front page. :bcbsalute

Guest MamaArdra
In my grocery stores it is right there with the cream of wheat type cereals.
thank you! i was looking by flour LOL

Can you replease Spenda with Equal?

It's my understanding that you shouldn't bake with Equal, but that's from many moons ago. Maybe something's changed?

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I made these and they are great.

Thanks for sharing!

kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150

I made these and really liked them. However, you need to refridgerate or cut up and freeze them. I made them on Monday and today I threw half the pan out because I left them sit out on the kitchen counter and they got moldy.

Just wanted everyone to know, I hated throwing out such a great snack.

Nutrasweet actually decomposes when it gets heated.. so when you bake with it, it rots... Mmmm?

Splenda is a good, non-rotting thing.

Corinna

Guest sally55

These are the best. Soooooooooo chocolatly. Great with milk. My family loved them.

Core Brownies

(preheat oven to 350)

3/4 c oat bran

1/4 c plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder

1 c splenda

1 package sf/ff instant chocolate jello pudding

1/2 c ff milk or water

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/3 c unsweetend applesauce

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

They are more fudgy than the original recipe I tried. (I added the pudding and the milk and used whole eggs instead of egg whites, which the original recipe called for)

I ate mine with a glass if cold milk and YUMMY! I hope someone gets a chance to try them.:headover:

Gals ,

I think that we have a "base recipe" with this brownie recipe which is by the way so great. I have made numerous different snacks using the base of all the ingredients minus the applesauce and cocoa powder.

I have used mashed banannas instead of applesauce and bananna pudding instead of chocolate and skipped the cocoa for an awesome moist bannana cake.

I have used crushed pineapple instead of applesauce and vanilla pudding instead of chocolate, skip the cocoa for an awesome upside down pineapple cake

I just now substitued the oat bran for cornmeal, used vanilla pudding and DID use the applesauce but would have used creamed corn instead if I had it for what I hope is going to taste like the sweet corn cake you get at Chi Chi's? I tossed a few corn kernals in as well. I will let you know how this works.

Anyways, I love this recipe and you can make a lot of different variations!