Health Discovery Network
PJinLV

CORE Brownies

Guest superryan

Has anyone ever made these with Stevia? I've never had any negative reactions to articifical sugars, but I've just heard so many terrible things about aspartame as well as sucrulose (splenda), so I bought some Stevia the other day to sweeten things (and I'm even making my own soda with club soda, stevia, and splashes of lemon and lime juice instead of diet coke!). Anyone know how to formulate how much to use when a recipe calls for sugar/splenda/etc..???

Thanks!!!

these are like the brownie mix/fiber one cereal muffins that are 1 pt. each. Honestly, for 1 pt, I'd rather eat the sugar and flour, and skip these as they are screaming SPLENDA to my mouth. I like the texture, I always thought the fiber muffins were chocolate and cocoanut to me. But unless I adapt the splenda way down, I don't like these. I'll try them after they set awhile and see. Anyone know what to do?? cut the 1 cup splenda in half? I'm guessing. I'd love to hear from some who have made desserts, yet adapted the recipe cause they also thought things were too sweet! TIA

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org

This has been posted before but I wanted to let you know of a couple of things I've done that have made these things light as a feather....penny

I'm eating one HOT out of the oven right now...big difference in mouth feel. My adjustments are in red.

Core Brownies

(preheat oven to 350)

3/4 c oat bran

1/4 c cream of wheat

1/4 c plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder

1 c splenda

1 package sf/ff instant chocolate fudge jello pudding

1/2 c ff milk or water (Try FF buttermilk! It makes baked goods more tender)

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp baking powder, in addition to the baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/3 c unsweetend applesauce (Use 1/2 c or 2 individual servings)

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

Add Kahlua SF DaVinci and/or Caramel SF DaVinci

Combine oat bran, cream of wheat, pudding mix, cocoa, Splenda, baking soda and salt, mix well. Stir in applesauce, eggs, milk (or water), and vanilla. Mix well. Spray 8"x8" square pan with cooking spray, spread batter evenly into pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. (Will need to cook a little longer due to additional applesauce and DV syrups)

eurika I found it!!!! I looked for about an hour . I am going to try this tomorrow.

You won't be disappointed!

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

Bump! I've started buying those darn WW snack cakes again :bcb_mad2. I will not be so lazy this time, I'm making these for the week! :bcb_up.

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Looks like a recipe I want to try. How much daVinci's do you add to that amended recipe, Claire or Penny, or anyone else whohas done that?

Thanks!!

:bcbkickbu Mini-Goal

59627.png

Needed to remind myself of this... and was glad to see over 16000 views!

PJ:exercise:

'cause I wanna see my kids grow up!

SW 315

High weight while pregnant 300

CW 278

Down 12lbs so far

Working on getting back down to thin!

Core Brownies

(preheat oven to 350)

1/4 c oat bran

1/2 c corn meal

1/4 c plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder

3/4 c Splenda

3/4 package sf/ff instant chocolate fudge jello pudding

1/2 c ff milk

3/4 tsp baking soda

3/4 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/3 c unsweetened applesauce

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

Combine oat bran, corn meal, pudding mix, cocoa, Splenda, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix well. Stir in applesauce, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix well. Spray pan (I used brownie pan) with cooking spray. Pour mixture into pan. Bake 15-20min.

Has anyone ever made these with Stevia? I've never had any negative reactions to articifical sugars, but I've just heard so many terrible things about aspartame as well as sucrulose (splenda), so I bought some Stevia the other day to sweeten things (and I'm even making my own soda with club soda, stevia, and splashes of lemon and lime juice instead of diet coke!). Anyone know how to formulate how much to use when a recipe calls for sugar/splenda/etc..???

Thanks!!!

Stevia is great and accepted now by everyone. It's very very sweet so you need to put far less than sugar into your recipes.