Health Discovery Network
jament

Sugar-free Jelly Belly's?

Has anyone tried these? I saw them at the store today for $2 a bag. They have 40% less calories than the original. Just wanted to know what others thought of them before I picked some up.

Sugar-free jelly belly's are awesome. They are a little sticky and don't have quite the flavorful flavor as the original but they are definately a good option for a candy-like snack.

It does say on the bag to be aware of a laxative effect which I have never noticed but be advised. :) hope you like them.

Nancy

Recommit date 10/19/06

HW 260.0

SW 246.6

CW 240.0

GW 165.0

Wedding date 9/8/07, hopefully my dress will fit by then :)

I hated these!! I bought a package at Easter time, and had one serving and had abdominal cramps all day! Plus the taste was YUCK! I would not ever buy again!

weight.png

I bought these for a treat at the movies. They tasted good at first, then funkier as I made my way through them. I ate about 1 1/2 servings. Let's just say the car ride home wasn't pleasant for DH or me! A lovely prequil to said laxative effect is loud gas! Then I had stomach cramps and was sitting on the can all night. I'm sure these won't affect everyone the same way, but beware!

Sharon

hi friends :)

i love these, but i too have found that after eating them my tummy grumbles about it...and they do have a very laxative type effect on me too. most of the time, if i have just one or two they do not bother me but still take care of a sweet craving :)

Suzcaplooz

HW 218 Curves 01-18-2004

SW 189.2 Weight Watchers 01-10-2006

10% Goal met 04-11-2006

CW 148.2 10-16-06

...getting closer!!!

.....only 3.2 more!!!!

GW 145

Hmm,... sounds more like a good prank than a sweet treat. I think I'll give them a try anyhow, I have an iron stomache!

Guest im-worth-it

I had some of these and they didn't affect me but made DH sit on the toilet with painful cramps for 2 hours. He half jokingly accused me of trying to poison him. Will NOT buy again.

Sara

I tried these at easter time, too. I have to say that nothing ever effects my tummy. I can eat the chips with Olestra, low carb stuff with sugar alcohols, ummmm.....well, anything and everything.

First, the jelly beans tasted gross to me, although my daughter liked them. Go figure!

I have never in my life had such stomach pain though! I thought I was going to die. Or had a sudden case of the worst stomach flu in the world. Ugh!

I will never, ever, ever eat one of those again! So, even if you are highly tolerant of "diet" foods, beware this one.

dawna

Bad bad stomach pain. No thank you I will not buy any more. DH and I thought we were going to die. My stomach grumbled so bad, I thought I swallowed a monster!

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

I didnt experience the stomach discomfort at all. Then again, i only ate the orange and yellow ones....i'd buy them again, though i wish they would sell the colors separately.

iRiS :p

lifetime since 2005...recommitted 03/22/09

new mommy to Lucy Bella on 8/17/09!

HW: 186

CW: 156.4

Goal #1: 150 (5%), Goal #2: 142 (10%), GW: 130

O.K., now I'm ROFL now that I think about all of our comments. Just look at how many people, myself included, who said that they didn't taste all that good, YET we still ate enough to make ourselves sick! Too funny (now that the cramps have passed!) At the time, I though for sure I was coming down with some kind of stomach flu--it couldn't possibly have just been the beans! Now I know better.

Sharon

Guest AKateisaKate

I posted a review on these a while back, and I loved them. I ate two sevings and it didn't give me any problems- it was just 16 g of fiber. If you eat A LOT of fiber in addition to these 16 g that day, then you're going to get craps. Perhaps if you're over 25 g. So people had mixed feelings over then, but I loved them.

I tried them, they were okay. But my brother had a bag of Brach's sugar-free jelly beans with almost the same calories for the same sized serving. They were fantastic! My boyfriend ate a bunch w/o even knowing they were sugar-free. I beleive they only have then at easter time though, cause he got them on clearence for .25 a bag, lol. If you see them, give them a try. There nice and soft and no laxitive effect.