Health Discovery Network
firechick139

"All Natural" 7-UP

Sounds bogus to me. Of course, I haven't looked at the can or read the ingredients to see what the "5 natural ingredients" are, though. Anyone try it?

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

Ingredients: filtered carbonated water, high frucose corn syrup, natural citric acid, natural flavors, natural potassium citrate

I'm wondering about that last one, LOL.

Sure it's natural, but still not healthy with all the added sugar.

what about corn syrup? No ear of corn has ever leaked syrup in my experience.:crazy: If they were truely making it "natural" it would have cane sugar in it!

PinkGlttr

a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!

HW: 205ish... pregnant

SW: 190.4

CW: 182

MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!:bcb_up

MiniGoal: 180.4

What??? High fructose corn syrup is SO not natural! I'm thinking marketing gimmick.

Christena

SW: 193

CW: 193

GW: 130

Interesting...

Apparently the Center for Science in the Public Interest has a stand on this too.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=1951838

I'll stick with my water first (certainly all natural) and then my diet soda, at least I know that's artificial and not someone trying to make me think I'm making a healthier choice.

And don't get me started on the "made with whole grains" issue. soapbox.gif

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

"'Natural,' as it stands, is not currently defined by the FDA, so there is some issue there," said Daniel Fabricant of the National Nutritional Foods Association.

There is a strict government definition for what it means to call a food "organic," but the requirements a company has to meet in order to call a food "natural" are not nearly so stringent. For meats and poultry the definition says there can be no artificial ingredients, but all other foods can be called natural with no clear definition.

Yeah, I read something about the government not defining "all natural" and other statements such as "whole grain" (how can something be whole wheat when the first ingredient is enriched wheat flour?)(I agree with you, Joanne) and companies can get away with alot of things. Something really needs to be done about it. For people who are just starting out on their weight loss journey, it's very misleading. It's very unfair. People are trying to better themselves by eating better things, but they are getting basically tricked into thinking they are buying food that is good for them.

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

Sounds too good to be true...I'll stick to my Mt Dew!

Jerica

Start date: 4-20-06

Isabella born 11-1-05

5'8"

SW 160

CW 134!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GW 135

PGW 125

Eat to live, not live to eat!!:exercise: