Health Discovery Network
jament

Favorite Nutrition Bars?

I was wondering which ones everyone else likes. I tried Kashi, which I did like. It seems like a lot of the other nutrition bars I look at have a lot more saturated fat in them, though (like LUNA).

I like Pria bars myself. They're like candy bars, but only 2 pts each!

- Jacque

"Hang Tough. That means doing your best every day."

- Major Dick Winters, Band of Brothers

SW: 162

CW: 149

GW: 135

Guest sotm121097

i also like pria bars or cocoa via bars i can find both at walmart.

I like Luna Bars - funny how your tastes change, but I remember Joanne talking about how good they were when i first started last year back in July, and i tried one and thought "OMG .. those taste like old wet cardboard!" ... Now .. i love them! :crazy:

Cliff bars have a "nectar" series that is all natural (mostly dates) and are REALLY good. I don't like the regular cliff bars as well .. tho the kids Z Bars that Cliff puts out are good too. I just bouight my first couple Lara bars to try, but they were pretty high in points, if i remember right and will have to judiously use them.

I like the cocoavia bars, but i wouldn't call those nutrition bars ... more like a smart chocolate!

I like the raisin bran and all bran bars - too

I like the quaker oats granola bars (2 points?) and the sweet and salty peanut granola bars (4 points - nature valley, i think?) too.

They are all nice portable snacks, and great to keep in my purse or in the trunk of the car for when i'm detained and do NOT want to drive somewhere for fast food!!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

My favs are Zone bars (Toffee Peanut or Chocolate Mint) and PowerBar Harvest (Toffee Chocolate Chip).

IndyPenguin

Don't give up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

My husband loves the Lara Bars, I'm a big fan of the WW 2pt bars, the chocolate mint crisp, BPeanut Butter Chocolate Chip, and Cinnamon are my favs!

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Guest AKateisaKate

I'm into Clif (all knids!), Luna, and Pria. A lot of other brands just sort of... scare me, for lack of a better word.

Guest rachser

Little Debbie just came out with a nutrition bar that is 2 pts - very good. It reminds me very much of the WW bars.

I love Cliff bars- Carrot cake (which I order online at http://www.vitaglo.com) Choc Brownie, Choc Almond Fudge, Oatmeal Walnut Raisin. I made it through grad school eating these for dinner on days I went straight from work to class.

I like Luna bars (nuts over choc and pecan pie are my faves) and the kashi bars also. The kashi pts are a little higher depending on the bar, though. Balance Bar used to make a choc raspberry bar that I swear tasted like a truffle, but I can no longer find it. The Balance bar choc almond is good, too. I like some of the zone perfect bars, but they melt too easily and I can't keep them in the car or take them biking without having a huge mess on my hands (and needing to lick the wrapper, because "hey, I'm counting this, I'm getting it all!")

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

I tried the Pria Mint Chocolate Cookie bar today for a snack (2 pts). It was VERY tasty!!!

Jennifer

Total Loss to Date: 23

Goals (Total Loss):

25 pounds by 2/14/07 (Valentine's Day)

40 pounds by 4/8/07 (Easter)

50 pounds by 5/28/07 (Memorial Day)

65 pounds by 7/31/07 (My 30th Birthday!)