Health Discovery Network
DebInMichigan

Need Lamb Chop recipe

Hey buddies, not sure if you could help with this or not, but I am looking for a way to grill lamb chops.... does anyone recommend any marinades, rubs, side dishes etc. with lamb? Please help if you can. Thanks!

251.6/235.4/229 Getting Back on track and sticking to it! :exercise2

"If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Guest out_2_sea

I found this recipe on CookingLight....the recipe is very good and not many points.. Enjoy!!

Grilled Lamb Chops with Tomato and Onion

clear.gifFrom CookingLight.gif

writeDinnerTonight();clear.gif

clear.gif

Cooking spray

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon dried basil

1/8 teaspoon black pepper

2 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato

2 (1/8-inch-thick) slices onion

4 (4-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed

Heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.

Combine salt, basil, and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of basil mixture over tomato and onion; rub lamb with remaining basil mixture. Add tomato, onion, and lamb to pan. Cook vegetables 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Cook lamb 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.

Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 2 chops, 1 tomato slice, and 1 onion slice)

writeNutrient();NUTRITION PER SERVING

CALORIES 264(38% from fat); FAT 11.2g (sat 4g,mono 4.9g,poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 34.7g; CHOLESTEROL 108mg; CALCIUM 32mg; SODIUM 244mg; FIBER 1g; IRON 2.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 4.3g