Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
kytakyta

0-pt "pasta" dish

This is going to become an old standby for me if I'm "starving" but have already eaten my points for the day (which would actually meant I wasn't starving)

Makes 1-4 servings, depending on how hungry you are. If you eat the whole thing, I'd call it a point

1 bag white shirataki noodles (Check out the NI: 1 whole bag = 20 calories... made from yam)

1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)

3 cups fresh spinach

Fresh garlic

Olive Oil spray (I use Mazola and love it; Pam would work)

Herbs of your choice

Boil noodles as package directs.

While water boils, in small frying pan, sautee garlic and spinach in OO spray until it wilts. Add in sun-dried tomatoes.

When noodles have been boiled, strain, add to frying pan, cook for 1-2 min, add spices.

Voila: 10 min; easy, and POINTLESS!

It's not the same as a home-made Italian meal but, ya know, if you're hungry, this'll do the trick. Add real olive oil, broccoli, onions, etc. to taste, or even real marinara sauce.

Started WW: 4/13/06

PeakW: 196

SW: 191.6

CW: 175.8

WWGW: 141.2

PGW: 125-130

1st 10 lbs: 5/18

Total lost since April 13: 15.8 lbs!

This sounds great. Though some buddies might not be familiar with the difference between the white shirataki and the Tofu Shirataki

The Tofu Shirataki that hungry girl always talks about is a bit more. It's 40 calories per bag so I always count that as 1 point.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

huh. whaddya know... i always figured sun-dried were a point too... guess i'll have to get some now.

THANKS! This recipe is going to be a lifesaver. Now I just have to find those shirataki noodles...

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

Guest suzy-loozy

Sounds awesome! Lots of my favorite ingreients too.

Thanks for sharing!

:exercise2