Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
icinglady1

Chocolate Chip cookies- 1pt

I haven't tried this but here's a recipe for 1 point chocolate chip cookies.

1 cup sifted all-purpose flour

1/4 cup unsifted whole wheat flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 cup unsalted butter (calls for margarine but YUK)

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1 large egg

1 large egg white

3 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 square (1 oz) semisweet chocolate, grated fine (I'd use mini choc chips here=1 ounce)

1. Preheat oven to 375. In a small bowl, combine the flours and baking soda; set aside.

2. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, granulated and brown sugar at moderately low speed for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy; then beat in the egg, egg white and vanilla extact.

3. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the dry ingredients and grated chocolate.

4. Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove immediately to wire racks to cool. Makes 36 cookies.

Preparation 10 minutes

Baking 8-10 minutes

One cookie: Calories 45

Total fat 2g (sat 0) chol 8mg, protein 1g, carb 6g, sodium 15mg, added sugar 17 cal, fiber 0g.

My Note: When I am making cookies I weigh the dough and divide the weight by number of servings..then I use my scale to weigh individual pieces so that I get the right number of servings. It's not that tedious and you get uniform beautiful cookies..and accurate points values

Be your own best friend every day.

Last edited by icinglady1 : Today at 09:17 AM. Reason: From: Readers Digest Recipes for good health cookbook

Be your own best friend every day.

No that'snot it It is called The Whole Wheat Tollhouse Cookie. Luckily my daughter had taken a coy. I got it from thedailygreen.com it also has brown

sugar, and rolled oats no whiteflour. Thank you for all your help.