Health Discovery Network
SZDZ1

Brownie Muffin Recipe..., again

I just have to bump this recipe to the top because I made these this morning and they are sooooooo yummy!

Brownie Muffins (3 pt dessert)

1 Devils Food Cake Mix

1 (15oz) can pumpkin

Mix together..., will be extremely thick, do NOT add water.

Divide up into 12 regular cupcake tins or papers and bake at 400 for 20 minutes

It uses about 1/3 cup of mix per cupcake paper. These are so moist and tastes just like brownies.

I'm serving these for dessert tonight for company. I'm taking each brownie muffin, splitting it in half, scooping up some Heart Smart Breyers Ice Cream (1 pt per 1/2 cup) , spooning on some sliced strawberries and drizziling some choc syrup over the top.

Made one for my daughter (she was my taste tester) and she loved them. I had a bite and these are soooooooooooooooo good.

If you haven't tried this recipe yet, do so. :D

Neecie

Started WWer's @ home 05-25-06

SW 300+

CW 285

Taking it one day at a time.

Is the 3 points just for the brownie part of the dessert? I'm assuming the ice-cream, strawberries, etc. are not included in the 3 points?

I MET MY GOAL!

:kiss:

SW: 208.4

CW: 165

GW: 165

It would depend on the cake mix you use. Be sure to double check, but yes, in general it would be 3 points just for the brownie. Toppings would be extra.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Tried these tonight! YUMMY. Served them hot with frozen fat free cool whip dollops on top.

The batter was like a sticky nightmare though, lol but they were worth it!! :crazy:

I made these yesterday and served with a 1/2 cup of frozen non-fat vanilla yogurt, a few fresh raspberries and a drizzle of Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate syrup! It was great, DH loved it too! I had seen a similar serving suggestion on another post and thought it sounded like a very special dessert and it sure was!!

Agreed, the batter was a bear to mix -- very thick but well worth it :)

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." Tommy Lasorda

i tried these this morning w/betty crocker devils food cake mix. i was able to get 18 muffins (they are still pretty big!), making them 2.3 points each. they are very delicious...i plan on taking them to work with me tomorrow :)

hubby n the kids loved em too!

Suzcaplooz

HW 218 Curves 01-18-2004

SW 189.2 Weight Watchers 01-10-2006

10% Goal met 04-11-2006

CW 148.2 10-16-06

...getting closer!!!

.....only 3.2 more!!!!

GW 145

Delicious!!

Tried these out today, since it's raining and I have loads of time on my hands...didn't find the mixture too hard to mix...possibly added more pumpkin than called for b/c the can I bought was more than 15oz....but still, they turned out AWESOME!! DBF and I just had a little mid-day treat!

HW: 220 (pregnant)

last time I checked...179.2

GW: 158

LIFETIME: Aug. 10/06

Mom to one beautiful baby girl!

Getting hitched July 2009 in Cuba!

Guest Blue_Butterfly

I just made these this morning and have to admit I wasn't sure they would taste good because of the pumpkin. But they turned out wonderful! Great treat for a chocolate craving!

I have made this recipe with yellow cake mix...and I add 1/3 cup water. It makes the mixture more managable, just slightly though! I make this for us, for company, for just about anything when the weather is right. My middle ds talked me into letting them eat it for breakfast if there are left overs, because, MOM...it has vegetables in it!

MRsD

I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174

current weight 161

recommittment loss 3 pounds

hi, I am new here. This is my first time posting, but I have read alot of the recipes, and used many! They are really good. My6 question is, Do you taste the pumpkin?