Health Discovery Network

Gesh I have been knitting since I was 8 or 9 and have been making sweaters since about 10. I have made plenty of scarfs and blankets and hats and sweaters. I went thru a baby shower craze last year and everyone got a cardigan and hat and booties for baby. I currently have about 4 WIP. A sweater for me, a blanket for DD, and a couple of other blankets. I really should look at getting them finished.

I am also going to have to check out some of the knitting sites recommended.

Laura Elizabeth

Born May 7th 2005

A miracle blessing indeed.

Guest stigs
My current project is this Leia wig for halloween!

sweeeet! And a bonus - it'll keep your ears warm (always cold on Halloween in my part of the country.)

My current project is this Leia wig for halloween!

I'm princess leia this year. I tried doing my hair last night and it didn't turn out how i expected.

The link won't open for me:confused: . Is it a difficult pattern? Would it take long to make? I'm trying to pull this off last second, but I don't know if it's going to work.

Do you know where else I can find the pattern?

KATIE

weight.png

48093.gif

The link takes a minute to open for me for some reason. It really depends on how fast you knit. Unfortunately, it's a free pattern on someone's blog, so it's not offered anywhere else.

I recently started knitting and love it. I have done some dishcloths and scarves. I also did a couple of hats, but have gone back to scarves because I do not have to concentrate quite so much. as someone else mentiones, one of the benfits is my hands are busy so I can't use them to put food in my mouth!

emily

sw268/cw 212.2

My Space & Photobucket

"What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step." C.S. Lewis

Hi!! :wave: I learned to knit about a year ago, some of my friends and I put together a Stich n' b1tch group (if you haven't checked out that book, it's priceless :D)...

I haven't figured out how to use circular needles yet... they seriously confuse me.

I have done a LOT of scarves (primary xmas prezzies this year) and coasters (which are surprisingly fun)... but not much else... :)

:walking:

Started WW: 7/30/2006

Starting Weight: 314 lbs

Current Weight: 273.4 lbs

Goal Weight: 170 lbs (6'0" tall)

CURRENT DELTA: - 40.6 lbs!!! :bike:

MINIGOAL ACHIEVED!!!: 10% - Lose 31 lbs - 283 lbs!! - 10/15/2006!

CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE: 265 lbs! 8.4 lbs to go!

Guest Bonnie Mathias

Can't believe I missed this thread. I too just started knitting again. Hadn't knit for years. but, needed something to keep my hands busy so I didn't have quite so much trouble with H2M. Has really helped. So far this fall I have done 2 sweaters and a scarf. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. I will be checking out the thread often. That blanket that was shown was beautiful. Great job.:jump_jack Keep on knitting and no H2M. Bye now:wave:

I learned to knit in college,a bout 15 years ago. Love it. I'm making scarves for my sisters right now. I have several works in progress. I knitted and felted a rolled-brim hat last year for a sister. I've never knitted anything for myself, I think it's time for me to do that. Can't wait to be at goal to make myself some nice smaller sized things.

I am just learning how to knit. I joined a knitting group at church to make prayer shawls. I'm very slow but coming along.

Jill~~

Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us.

Tina ~ I have so many patterns for sweaters and things that I've put aside until I'm at GW!! It's funny how we do that - I don't want to spend all that money and time on something I won't be able to wear for a long time!

Restart: Sept. 4, 2006 (had DD)

SW: 206.5 CW: 179.5 Change from last week: -2

PPGW: 171 GW: 140

10%: Apr. 30/07

Current goal: halfway: 33lbs ~ 173.5

BCBers on Facebook

My Facebook profile

I'm a knitter! :) I am saving all kinds of stuff to knit for when I hit goal. I am really tempted to start this in a size M and make my husband try it on to see if the sizing is right LOL

I just recently finished my NY Shawl. :)

~ Nina

323.8/220.2/154

SW / CW / GW

Click To View My Web Site

I'm a FIRM Believer

103.6lbs down, 46.4lbs to go!

Those are both really cute, Nina! I've been looking for just the right shawl to make, I'm always cold in the winter but I'm always putting on/taking off sweaters. I think I'll make a triangle one though. How is the hoodie for wearability? It's really pretty. What colour did you do it in?

BCBers on Facebook

My Facebook profile

Thank you but I didn't knit the hoodie, just something I picked up as a project for when I hit goal. I believe the person who made the hoodie said she used patons merino yarn in white. Its from the Rebecca #32 magazine but it looks rather weird on the model.. much prettier on the gal on flickr I think. :)

~ Nina

323.8/220.2/154

SW / CW / GW

I'm a FIRM Believer

I also plan on knitting something special for myself when I hit goal. Something beautiful and sexy and FITTED! lol

Right now I have way too many projects on the needles. I'm slowly working on a wool sweater for my husband in a charcoal heathered Cascade 220. It's gorgeous and has beautiful drape, but I just can't get into it with the weather warming.

I'm making my second daughter a cotten striped tank dress from the Yarn Girl's Guide to Knits for Older Kids. I'm using plain old cotton but striping it with solid purple, white, variegated purple/yellow/blue, white, purple, etc.

I've started and stalled on a pair of orange/blue/yellow socks for my oldest daughter.

And there's the teddy bear I'm making for my best friend's daugher who is due in August.

My "portable" project is an afghan square for Warm-Up America. Just buying pretty skeins of acrylic and trying new stitches. After these, I'll make a scarf for the Red Scarf Project (or two) and then a wool helmet liner (or several) for the troops.

I also have a baby sweater for the one who's getting the teddy bear. That will be put on the needles very soon. :D

I just started knitting in the fall after a long love/hate relationship with crochet. I've finally found my "thing"! lol And as someone else mentioned, it's become my gateway craft. ;)

Check out my blog and you can see what I'm talking about...

http://mamajknits.blogspot.com/

Restarted WW on 1/21/09

This time, with a friend!

SW 203 / CW 203 / GW 140

weight.png

I don't currently have anything on my needles, but I do have to knit a pair of socks for a fellow WW (we're in a sock exchange).. but I am actually planing to knit the frodo cape from LOTR for my husband to wear at Ren Fest this year lol other than that I'd like to make the flower basket shawl, forrest path, and maybe lily of the valley.. but neither are decided upon..

~ Nina

323.8/220.2/154

SW / CW / GW

I'm a FIRM Believer

Have you guys checked out www.sexyknittersclub.com ? They do some really nice KALs, they're in the process of moving the site right now but I'm keeping my eye on a couple of the KALs they're doing right now.

BCBers on Facebook

My Facebook profile

I have! I have subbed through Bloglines so I know whenever someone posts pix of their sweater. I was hoping to do the KAL with them this time, but I didn't like the pattern they were doing (although I do like the Sahara one...sort of). I follow along when they take nomimations and I vote for one I would like to do, but if it doesn't win, then I just wait until next time and try again.

Penny

SW 213.8

CW 186.0 (Total Core loss = -27.8)

GW 150

Wife to Eugene :buddysmoo

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

I think the Sahara one is really useful...and would look really pretty in the right colour. I like Rusted Root though too, is that the one you didn't like?

BCBers on Facebook

My Facebook profile

Yeah, I didn't like the Rusted Root. I do like the Sahara, but I am still working on my body image. I saw someone who made the Sahara and she was rather busty....I am too and I didn't like how it looked on her....I just hate to put all the time into a sweater for it to look yuck on me.

Penny

SW 213.8

GW 150

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

Hmm..I know what you mean. Could you just modify it so the neckline isn't so deep?

BCBers on Facebook

My Facebook profile

Here is the picture of the girl that made the one I'm thinking of....to me, it just says ***BOOBS*** to me. http://sexyknittersclub.blogspot.com/2007/05/pink-sahara-is-done.html

Also, those REALLY thin girls seem to look really good in their sweaters as opposed to me who still has 25 lbs or so left to go.

Penny

SW 213.8

GW 150

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

You'll look great in yours too - don't sweat those skinny girls!

Whoa, I just looked at that pic - I think she made hers too small! It's tight everywhere! If you made it big enough that you had some more room in it, the neckline might just go low enough that you had some cleavage instead...and a darker colour might help too, a little less melon-y...sorry lol.

I think that sweater would look nice on you, actually.

BCBers on Facebook

My Facebook profile

I also plan on knitting something special for myself when I hit goal. Something beautiful and sexy and FITTED! lol

Me too! :D

I'm also a knitter. I know some of the postings aren't recent but there seem to be a lot of us! Yay! I'm planning on casting this on the day I make goal: redsilkshell_2.jpg

I cannot WAIT! :bcb_grin :bcb_march

I'm knitting Sonnet from Knitty and The Clementine Shawl from a recent IW. :)

Yay. Knitters! :bcb_happy

Height: 5'1"

Began WW: Sept 2, 2004

Recommit: 5/15/2007 :bcb_march

Initial SW in 2004: 149.1

SW in 2007: 158

Current Weight: 154

WWGW: 120

PG: 105

1st Mini Goal: 142 (10%)

Thanks, Sarah.....I would like to make it someday...and Zoeschild, I LOVE that sweater too! I would have to modify it to make it not so low though.....I've seen some pix where some have done that and it still looks really good.

Penny

SW 213.8

GW 150

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png