Health Discovery Network
DebInMichigan

Fresh tomato and cheddar pasta

Bumping. Remember seeing this back in the spring...finally getting around to trying it...

B.

weight.png

I've enjoyed it every time I've made it. It's a winner.

DebinMich., are you still around?

Tish

Onward and Downward

Still haven't made it...forgot we had a swim meet last night and I have some other stuff in the fridge we need to finish up first. Hopefully will make it tomorrow as I have some fresh basil I MUST use soon!

Does anyone else plan entire meals around 1 small item/ingredient (e.g., the basil) that they can't stand to waste?

B.

weight.png

No, I've always just used regular pasta (it looks "cleaner"), or maybe Ronzoni's Smart Taste (or something like that), it looks like white pasta.

Tish

Onward and Downward

FINALLY made this tonight and it was awesome! And DH, who is more of a meat-n-potatoes type, liked it too. I used mini bowtie pasta (farfelle?) and it worked out nicely. I might add more basil next time.

B.

weight.png

Is this really 8 points for the entire end product? So if it was divided into 4 portions, each would be 2 points? Or am I having a clueless moment....

Sounds good!

Glenda

~Glenda~

I am stronger than this.

One minute, One hour, One day at a time

3811110.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

We had it as a main dish, so I doubled the recipe as written and we each had half of the end product. I actually counted it as 7 points per portion: 3 points for 1 cup of pasta and 2 points per ounce of cheese. If made as written and using as a side (4 servings), I would count it as 2 points per serving.

B.

weight.png