Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

Individual Berry Custards: Almost CORE

Seems like this dessert would have many Core options. You could eliminate the wafers, or the Light Whipped Cream. You could substitute the sugar with Splenda. If anybuddy makes this dessert, please share what you thought of it~ :bcbsalute

Recipes

Individual Berry Custards

POINTS® value | 3

Servings | 12

Preparation Time | 20 min

Cooking Time | 40 min

Level of Difficulty | Moderate

desserts | This summer specialty will set off culinary fireworks. Use a combination of blueberries and raspberries for a patriotic July 4th dessert.

Ingredients

3 large egg(s), beaten

1 1/2 cup FF ricotta cheese (recipe points were figured with part-skim)

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

1/3 cup sugar, divided [count WAP]

24 items reduced-fat vanilla wafer(s) [count 2 wafers per serving]

1 pound blueberries, washed, picked over and dried

12 Tbsp Reddi-Wip Original Real Whipped Light Cream, or other brand [count]

1 pound raspberries, washed, picked over and dried

Instructions

Place a roasting pan on middle rack of oven and fill it halfway up with water. (You will be placing twelve 2 1/4- X 3-inch custard cups in pan; water should not come more than halfway up the height of custard cups). Then preheat oven to 350ºF.

Combine beaten eggs with ricotta cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/4 cup of sugar in a medium bowl until well blended.

Place a wafer on bottom of each custard cup; top each with 1 tablespoon of ricotta mixture. Arrange a single (but well-packed) layer of blueberries on top of ricotta mixture; top each with another wafer. Fill custard cups with about 2 tablespoons more of ricotta mixture so each wafer is completely covered.

Carefully place custard cups in roasting pan (careful not to scald yourself with hot water). Bake until top just starts to turn slightly golden, about 35 to 40 minutes; carefully remove custard cups from hot water and allow to cool on a rack, about 30 minutes.*

Squirt about 1 tablespoon of whipped cream over each custard and top with a layer of raspberries; sprinkle remaining sugar over top. Yields 1 custard per serving.

Notes

*These custards can be served warm or cold. To serve cold, cover cooled custards with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Top with whipped cream and raspberries just before serving.

Feel free to use any combination of seasonal berries in this recipe such as blackberries, golden raspberries and/or strawberries.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Carol, I thought of a way to make it toally CORE.

3 large egg(s), beaten

1 1/2 cup FF ricotta cheese (recipe points were figured with part-skim)

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

1/3 cup sugar, divided [count WAP] (spelnda like you said)

24 items reduced-fat vanilla wafer(s) [count 2 wafers per serving](core choc. snack cake!)

1 pound blueberries, washed, picked over and dried

12 Tbsp Reddi-Wip Original Real Whipped Light Cream, or other brand [count] (plain nonfat yogurt)

1 pound raspberries, washed, picked over and dried

I am not defined by the number, but how healthy my body is!

2 teach is 2 touch 4 ever

~*Nicole*~

If you try it, let me know what you think! :)

Personally, I think I'd like just the custard and the berries...!

Who needs cookies and cream?! ;) :p

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Maybe when I have all of the ingredients. LOL. Baby steps Carol... with me it is always baby steps. I still have a can of ff evap. milk in the fridge for my pudding that you freeze in a amker of some sort :kiss:

I am not defined by the number, but how healthy my body is!

2 teach is 2 touch 4 ever

~*Nicole*~