Health Discovery Network
ChristineP

Sausage Cheese Calzones

Hello everyone,

I created this recipe from one of Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meal recipes ~ I just lightened it somewhat and ran it through WW's Recipe Builder to confirm the points. It was excellent, and the portions were huge! I felt like I was eating a calzone from a local italian restaurant! YUM!

Enjoy,

Christine :) :bcbsalute

Sausage Cheese Calzones

POINTS® Value | 8

Servings | 4

Ingredients

2/3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese

1/4 cup parsley

2 clove garlic clove(s)

1/4 cup reduced fat parmesan cheese

1/2 tsp black pepper

10 oz Pillsbury Pizza Crust

2/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese

3 link Casual Gourmet Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage

Instructions

Preheat oven to 425 F.

Remove casings from sausage. Brown sausage in a small skillet coated with olive oil cooking spray. Transfer the cooked crumbled sausage to a paper towel lined plate to drain.

Combine sausage with ricotta, parsley, garlic, Parmigiano, pepper. Roll out dough and halve cross-wise and length-wise. Place a dough rectangle on a nonstick cookie sheet. Use 1/4 mozzarella on each dough rectangle and pile a mound of filling on half of the total area. Fold dough over and pinch edges to seal. The result is a rectangular turnover. For half-moon shaped calzones, trim excess dough.

Bake calzones 15 minutes or until golden all over. Serve calzones with warm tomato, marinara, or pizza sauce for dipping (count extra points for sauce).

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Christine~

How did I miss this recipe??

When I go back to work in September I am going to officially call

Wednesday NightPizza_cut.gif Pizza Night.

This recipe will definitely go into the rotation! Thanks for posting, I have printed it up and will try it soon!!

:bcbsalute MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I tried this one last night...it was sooo yummy. My hubby loved it! The true test was my PICKY eater 4 year old son...he ate it too!!

thanks for sharing

Laura

Read about my family...

lcorsaro.blogspot.com

Here I go again...4/19/10

SW: 293 :bcb_cry:

Guest suzy-loozy

OMG!

This sounds awesome! It'll be one of my staples......Hhhmmmmmm make them and freeze them for luches?

:exercise2