Health Discovery Network
JJaxson

3 point Beef and Broccoli

Broccoli Beef Prep Time: 15 Minutes

Cook Time: 15 Minutes Ready In: 30 Minutes

Yields: 4 servings Points: 3

"Round steak and broccoli are quickly cooked in a soy ginger sauce. Serve over hot over rice or noodles."

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth

2 tablespoons white sugar

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 pound boneless round steak,

cut into bite size strips

1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh

ginger root

1 clove garlic, minced

4 cups chopped fresh broccoli

DIRECTIONS:

1.In a small bowl, combine flour, broth, sugar, and soy sauce. Stir until sugar and flour are dissolved.2.In a large skillet or wok over high heat, cook and stir beef 2 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Stir in broth mixture, ginger, garlic, and broccoli. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens.

This recipe is SOOOOO yummy.. it's always been a staple in our dinnerplan.. I looked up the Nutritional Information on it and was VERY happy to see it was only 3 points for 1/4 of the recipe!! OR>. if you're really hungry.. you could have half of the recipe for 6 points!!! I sometimes add other veggies like mushrooms or peppers.. depends what i'm trying to use up.. SO good.. feels like you're spoiling yourself.. as you should be!:exercise2

Jackie ~SW: 160/CW:155/GW: 130

Sounds good! Don't know if I'll ever make it but I'm copying the recipe just in case I feel up to it one day. I'm gonna trust you LOSER!:D

"If and When were planted, and Nothing grew."

proverb

:p oh baby i've missed your loving ways.. just can't go a day without you calling me a loser..

:kiss: c'mon now.. just TRY it.. you might LOVE It

Jackie ~SW: 160/CW:155/GW: 130

I made this last night. It had great flavor. I would tenderize the meat though... Round steak is just tough. I also added bean sprouts, shitaki mushrooms and green onion.

Kristi- #4 Duchess Flies Like an Eagle

Proverbs 31:25

weight.png

Guest suzy-loozy

Awesome!

Thanks Jackie! I will make this one soon.....I love recipes like this one......

You da woman!

Ciao!

:exercise2

Guest Ritabanana

Can this be made with chicken instead of beef?

Sounds interesting but I don´t eat beef so....It sounds lie it would be good for chicken, no?

Guest AmyMCGS

I was really impressed with this recipe when I made it a few weeks ago... I'd never made my own sauce before. Who knew it was so easy, and could taste this good with so few points? It took care of my Chinese craving without all the high-fat stuff.

:bcb_up I highly recommend this recipe!

this sounds amazing! i can't wait to try it :bcb_grin

:o Megan Aileen :o

SW: 174

CW: 154.4

Mini-Goal: 150 pounds by January

If I managed to gain it all, I sure as hell can lose it all!:bcb_grin

This was really good. It smelled and to me tasted just like beef and broccoli. I had just enough left over for tommorow's lunch. I forgot to get rice so I used WW egg noodles, it wasn't bad at all and very filling. Thanks for the recipe.

Joyce

INDEPENDENCE DAY CHALLENGE

weight.png

I made this for dinner tonight, but when I put it through MasterCook, it says that if there are 4 servings, then it's 7 points a serving.

Has anybody else calculated points for this?

Nita

im going to make this w/ chicken probably in the next few days. i just need to pick up some ginger and soy sauce. it probably would make it a little lower in points than the beef and i have chicken breasts on hand. will also use splenda instead of the sugar. this would knock it down to about5 points a serving. i'll let u know how it comes. ive been craving chinese big time

GOD BLESS,

LISA M