Health Discovery Network
gsdlover

who would yu like to run into when you lose all your weight????????

I have to take a minute and tell you what happened to me Saturday that motivated me like crazy....... My husband and I had been to a wedding and had to stop on the way home for a few groceries. I live in the same town as my ex husband but fortunately hardly ever see him. He left me years ago for a woman 10 yearts younger and just a tiny little thing. Yes, I was so envious I just couldn't stand it........ Long story....... Anyway, I came around the corner of the aisle and low and behold there they stood. He just stared at me and looke me up and down and just stood there with his mouth open....... i had had my hair done and all the other goodies on to make me look smaller if you know what I mean. I am lots smaller now but still have a ways to go. She had gained a lot of weight and just glared at me. My husband, God love him, also knows the whole painful story says to him quietly just like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman............. "BIG MISTAKE" and smiled like a big chessy cat.......I felt at that moment in time that I had been vindicated for all the sleepless nights making me believe that I was worthless and blamed my self for my marriage falling apart because of the weight issue. My highest weight was 202 1/2......Who would you like to run into ??????????

SW-202.2

CW-152.5

GW-125

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?

You deserve that. And bravo to your husband for delivering the best possible line... ;) Sounds like he knows how lucky he is, and that's what matters.

loveitdslookhere.gif

Sounds like you made the right choice! What a great hubby!

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I'm sure that tasted so good.

I'd like to run into anyone that hasn't seen me since I started loosing weight. Acually I have a baby shower to go to on Sunday and I think a few people will be there that I might have not seen since loosing 65lbs. It will be fun.

SW 372

CW 372 :ugh:

mama to two kids :wave:

Good for you AND your DH, gsdlover! What an awesome episode- you're gonna remember that for as long as you live! :p

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

That was great what your hubby did!

I would like to see anyone who knew me in high school!

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

lol...this is going to sound kinda silly...but my Grandma...when I first started gaining weight (at this point it was only 8 pounds I believe)...she patted my hand and said, it's okay, huney, we all know you are really beautiful on the inside, and that is what counts...

This is my grandma who has been at least a size 12 her whole life, and she is 5 feet tall...and has been up to a size 16....at the point she said that I was a size 7...THANKS grandma!

Lol....

MRsD

I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174

current weight 161

recommittment loss 3 pounds

Congrats on your NSV!

I can honestly say, I'd like to run into my own reflection in a mirror. I'm preggo with #2 now, but made goal before I got preggo with #1 - and it was always great to catch a reflection of myself and realize I wasn't as big in reality as I was in my head.

Once baby #2 is born, I'll have 45 or so lbs to get to goal, and more like 50 or so to get to where I'd like to be. Right now, my reflection sometimes alarms me. :)

I used to think I'd want to run into high school friends, until I realized that in high school, I weighed maybe 5 lbs more than my current goal weight. Because I gained my weight in college and grad school, it was a shock to me when I ran into friends who hadn't seen me at my heaviest and got comments like "you look exactly like you did in high school" or "you haven't changed at all" -- amazing how at the same weight, I felt skinny after losing it, but fat in high school. Go figure.

Calgal

Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:

180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:

182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

I love your story!

I would like to run into an ex-boyfriend who really drove my self esteem into the toilet. I've since recovered but I would just love to rub it in his face what he lost out on. Not only me skinny, but I'm happily married to my best friends with a beautiful daughter and last I heard he was still single....miserably we can only hope!

~ Jodi ~

SW 247

CW 234.5

GW 160

12.5 lbs GONE!

:jump_jack

What an awesome day for you, gsdlover. :)

I can honestly say, I'd like to run into my own reflection in a mirror. I'm preggo with #2 now, but made goal before I got preggo with #1 - and it was always great to catch a reflection of myself and realize I wasn't as big in reality as I was in my head.

Ooh, I really liked your thoughts on this calgal. It really hit home with me. My reality does need to catch up with my head. :wave:

• HW-142 CW-118
  • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

ays to him quietly just like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman............. "BIG MISTAKE" and smiled like a big chessy cat

I love it!!!!

YOu go girl!!!!:D :D :D

SW 233

CW 168

GW 155

Gluten, Dairy, Nuts, Soy, Grain intolerant, nightshade allergie too

What a great story! And your DH is awesome!!!! I'm so happy the fact that you are happy with your life.

I think I would love to run into (though I hate them and really dont want to see them again) all the ppl who said I would never be pretty because I was a bit chubby and tomboyish when I was young (they used to say this to me when I was 9!!!). I'll show 'em soon enuff!!!

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

Guest mezzosoprano1

:D gsdlover... what a fabulous story. What a great, vindicating moment. And I love what DH said!

I wouldn't mind running into my first love, just so he can see what he lost ;-).

Guest slave2cats

I love your hubby! Can I have him when you're done with him? :crazy:

I felt skinny after losing it, but fat in high school. Go figure.

Isn't that crazy?? I felt fat in high school, but I found an old picture at my mom's house last year from my high school days and I realized that I really wasn't. I must have said it out loud because my mom said "no, you weren't. Why did you think you were?"

That would be an awesome moment! I love that your husband did that!

Can he lead a training session for my husband?? Kind of like the Brawny Academy?!

HW 220

CW 134

GW 129

What a great story!! I love your husband...that's priceless!!

I would love to see this kid I went to high school with. One time, there was a bunch of people at my friends house watching tv after school. Some commercial came on (I don't remember what it was about) and he blurts out "Oh my god, I HATE fat people" then he turns to me and says "Sorry, Amy" in front of everyone. Jerk! I hope he's gained a few pounds since high school!

Amy

~~~~~~~~~

6/12 Goal:

0 of 15lbs down

4/45 days exercise

That is a great story - talk about vindication! Boy, did that story ever strike a chord for me. My boyfriend of over 5.5 yrs moved out last weekend. This has been a very emotional time for me - excuse me if I run on and on.

When we met I had just lost over 100 lbs and was thinner than I had been in 20 yrs (I was almost 50 when we met) My husband had passed away two yrs prior to us meeting. At first everything was wonderful. I was so happy when I met him. Then the weight started creeping back. And let me say he gained about fifty pounds as well as he had recently lost a lot of weight prior to us meeting. Of course it was OK for him but not for me. After about three years he informed me one evening that he just wasn't attracted to me anymore and he knows it is shallow but he would really be happier if I lost weight. YEs I should have run at that point. And things just got progressively worse and of course according to him it was all about my weight. I got to the point where I had no self esteem and was letting him be nasty to me and scream at me constantly. Even so, I continued to let him live in my house and pay for vacations etc. After a vacation from hell I told him to leave but now I miss him so much. Yes, what is up with that?

But for the past weeks I have been back OP and feel a hundred times better physically.

I didn't mean to hijack your thread - that is a great story and you should relive every moment of hit. Good for you and your husband! But to answer your question when I lose this weight again and permanently change my eating habits, I will love running into my former SO. I am sure by then he will be with some skinny minnie without a brain in her head.

Congratulations on your weight loss!

Pam

Nice story. The sweetest revenge is a live well lived. I'd love to run into every jacka** from middle school and high school. By college I had a great group of friends it didn't matter if I was 1 pound or a 1000 they were with me through thick and thin. But those middle school and high school knuckleheads it would be really nice to bump into a group of them.

Frank

Son of a son of a sailor

Yes, I am a Pirate-J. Buffett

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty-never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense." Winston Churchill

When wine, women and song are too much-quit singing!

Pam 1951....... My heart goes out to you. What a jerk!!!!!!!! Why is it everytime we question our self and blame ourself for what ever reason when in reality they have the problem. You are a wonderful vibrant person that will go far in this world without him........ You will meet someone as I did that will love the real you...... Not the part that is seen but the inner self that shines.......... Keep strong and keep us posted. Patti :buddysmoo

SW-202.2

CW-152.5

GW-125

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?

Pam, what a great story! With all my heart, I hope you lose all of the weight you want and run into him.. and tell him how much better off you are without him in your life!

I would love to run into my father. Him and my mother were divorced when I was 2 so we haven't had a great relationship... sob story, I know, but he's always looked down at me because I didn't follow in his footsteps putting school and career before marriage and family and he can't stand anyone obese. The last time that I saw him was at my daughters graduation last year, I was at my heaviest weight ever and was still struggling with school. Well now that I'm 38, I have college under my belt, two wonderful kids and been married for almost 20yrs I would love to lose all of my weight and show him that I don't have to be like him to be happy.

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

I would love to run into all the people I went to school with.. Hopefully I'm at goal when I get to my high school reunion :) I'm giving myself a couple of years to get there!

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Guest suzy-loozy

Yes, gsd I too am happy for you and your great NSV!!!!!

Pam.......Wow, can I relate to you..........

I was married for 13 yrs to a man who started berating me when I was just 20 lbs overweight.....It turned very verbally abusive and kept getting worse as my weight and everything else in his life didn't go exactly as planned! Everything was my fault because I was fat! Everything! He would give me ultimatums...."You are so fat and disgusting...have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately....no wonder our marriage sucks, look at you!" "You have 6 months to show me you can lose your ass or I'm out of here!"

Of course he would have never left, because he was just a scared little man inside and needed me so he would have an excuse for his behavior......he has since found another woman to hide behind.....

Well, last year my divorce was final! YAHOO! I have never felt more free and happy! And now I want to lose weight for my health and for me!

However, I have to see him from time to time, because we share kids and grand kids, but I cannot wait until I'm down my 103 lbs. and know I'm going to see him at a family function....I'm going to put on a low cut blouse, some tight jeans or skirt and sashay right on in and not give him a glance!!!! :exercise2

"Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned!"

Guest KatVonD

gsdlover - WOW! I bet that felt just great! What a great guy you have snagged!

I hope everyone here gets their chance to have their time to shine in the sun!

I have gained 30 lbs since calling off my wedding last September, its funny - I know it was the BEST decision I have ever made and after the initial shock I was the happiest I have been in years....so its all good - but I STILL packed on 30 lbs! I haven't run into him yet, OR his NEW fiance (didnt take him long!) But its not a very big town, it will happen. Every single person we knew tells me she is an exact duplicate of me, buuuuut, shes about a cute size 12...yea, I'm back in my 18/20's! I just don't want to run into them in the dumpy state I am in now, my first goal is to get back to where I was. THEN I will focus on loosing more on top of that. ;)

Of course he would have never left, because he was just a scared little man inside and needed me so he would have an excuse for his behavior......he has since found another woman to hide behind.....

Oh, Suzy! :ugh: He sounds so terrible!!! (Several really objectionable words come to mind.) Thank God you were strong enough and smart enough to rid yourself of THAT!!! :buddysmoo I really wish you all the joy in the world on that fine day when you make this little wish come true! :D

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07