Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nix

Power Band?

Guest Nix

I just received a vhs tape from a buddie. It's called Easy Steps - A Walking Weight Loss Program and it's distributed by L A Weight Loss Centers, Inc. They use what they call a Power Band for increased resistance. It looks like it's about 54" long & it's very flat & looks like it's about 6" wide. It doesn't loop around and connect to itself (just one long piece of stretchy band (ribbon-like) piece). Does anyone know where I could find something like that to use with the video? I've heard & seen resistance bands before, but the ones I've seen look sort of like bungee cords.

Thanks in advance.

walmart has em, i got a 3 pack there, with 3 different widths to vary the strength.

Kim in NJ

lifer since Jan 2000

187.8/???/144

start/current/goal/

Easter Challenge: 20 pounds lost (20 to go)

We need to change. Do it today. I can feel my spirit rising.

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Guest Nix

Thanks Kimmiep. I looked at a Walmart today but they didn't have any. I'll try another one tomorrow closer to work. I think each Walmart orders their own things so maybe I'll find some in another store.

Guest bensmomshelly

You might also check with places that do Physical Therapy. They use them often and call them therapy bands. Perhaps they'd sell you one?

Guest nlk

Thanks for the help buddies!

I went to a Walmart near my work this a.m. & found the set of 3 at that store. Now I can't wait to get home & try them out.

Does anybody else use these? How do you like them? Do they help?

:)

Nix