Health Discovery Network
BiggestLoser

Dump Cake

I don't remember who to give credit to for this but I found a dump cake recipe on one of the sites I frequent (maybe this one) and gave it a try this weekend. This was the easiest thing I have ever made and absolutely delicious. I think it tasted like a wonderful fruit cobbler.

24 oz mixed frozen berries (I used strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)

white cake mix

2 cups diet 7 up

spread fruit on bottom of cake pan

sprinkle cake mix over the top of the fruit

poor the 7 up over the top

DO NOT MIX

Cover and but in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes and then uncover for another 30 minutes or until brown on top. This is absolutely wonderful served warm with some sugar free cool whip on top.

Thank you to whoever originally posted this!

SW 245

CW 185

Goal 135

:jump_jack60 Pounds Gone Forever:jump_jack

Smoke Free 739 Days

Guest *Emily*

this sounds deliciuos! how many servings and points value?

It depends on the cake mix you use. The one I used made it 3 points a serving for 12 servings.

SW 245

CW 185

Goal 135

Smoke Free 739 Days

Regina - Sounds yummy! What cake mix did you use? Do you recall?

"If and When were planted, and Nothing grew."

proverb

It was just a white generic cake mix. I think it was HEB store brand which is Hill Country Fair.

SW 245

CW 185

Goal 135

Smoke Free 739 Days

I think I am going to try this with a lemon cake mix and blueberries....

YUMMY!

I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174

current weight 161

recommittment loss 3 pounds

that sounds like a great idea. Let me know how it turns out.

SW 245

CW 185

Goal 135

Smoke Free 739 Days

Wow! I am so glad to hear a healthy version of this! The original recipe has melted butter and pecans poured over the cake mix instead of the soda. Thanks so much for posting this!

5'2" SW-144.0 CW-136 GW-129.0

I've been a big fan of the high-fat version my whole life. I'm very excited to try out this modification, thanks!

Nikki

SW: 183 (1/8/06)

CW:145

WWGW: 146 (MADE IT! 9/5/07 LIFETIME 10/17/07)

next minigoal: Get back into the 130s

I made this with frozen blueberries and lemon cake with sprite...it had to cook for an hour and 15 minutes, and is still very wobbly...I will see when it is cool what it is like. The house smells AMAZING and it looks yummy...dh loves blueberries, and I made this to suprise him tonight...and he has to work late! I think I will take some slice of it with a container of coolwhip to him and the guys that work with him.

thanks for this great recipe...adaption is what helps us succeed ~ we do not have to give up old favorites, just modify them and control our portions!

mrsD

I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174

current weight 161

recommittment loss 3 pounds

My goodness, this sound SO GREAT! I'm afraid to make it because my hubbie doesn't like fruit in his cake and I'll eat it ALL. I can't wait to be getting company so I can try it!

EmmaJean

GETTING FAMILY SUPPORT:jump_jack

Made this last night....very good!

Used Sierra Mist (It's what I had) and baked it covered 45 minutes and uncovered 50 minutes (until it browned). It was solid after cooling.

SW 04/19/07: 321.6#

CW 04/27/07: 313.6#

GW by 7/1/2007: 290#

GW by 9/1/2007: 270#

GW by 1/1/2008: 240#

This is great. I really like the mixed berry. Peach is also good. I might try it with fresh peaches this week.

Starting over: 06/12/07

Goal Wt: 180

How I feel is within my control!!!

weight.png

[/url]

This is great. I really like the mixed berry. Peach is also good. I might try it with fresh peaches this week.
That sound delish!!!!

I would also add some cinnamon.

SW 233

CW 168

GW 155

Gluten, Dairy, Nuts, Soy, Grain intolerant, nightshade allergie too

Guest cdeshon

Hi, I'm new here but saw this recipe and had to look! I think there's a similar version that I found on the WW site. It used Angel Food Cake Mix (NO fat!) and blueberry pie mix. I'll see if I can track down the recipe & post here soon.

Looking forward to participating!

Yumm.... this looks fantastic!

251.6/235.4/229 Getting Back on track and sticking to it! :exercise2

"If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

i want to make this tonite, and just wanted to know, does anyone know if you just put the fruit frozen in the bottom of the cake pan and then sprinkle the white cake mix on top? i wasn't sure if you defrost the fruit first, Thanks!:)

Jamie :workout:

Guest ShrinkingDaisy

I tried this for the 1st time last week and ended up making it TWICE!!! It was so good my family ate it up! Great way to get more berries into the diet!

Jamie--I didn't defrost the berries---very, very quick and easy to make! I suppose defrosting them wouldn't hurt? I am thinking of making it with canned peaches next time?

I tried this for the 1st time last week and ended up making it TWICE!!! It was so good my family ate it up! Great way to get more berries into the diet!

Jamie--I didn't defrost the berries---very, very quick and easy to make! I suppose defrosting them wouldn't hurt? I am thinking of making it with canned peaches next time?

I made this last night and it tasted great, DH loved it! One question, did your fruit turn runny after baking, b/c my berries turned runny and mushy, and I was just wondering if this is normal, or did I bake it too long? Regardless, this dessert is great! :)

Jamie :workout:

I made another one last night and I put lite cherry pie filling instead of the frozen fruit....it was delicious.

I just use a casserole dish to bake it in.

SW 245

CW 185

Goal 135

Smoke Free 739 Days

Guest ShrinkingDaisy

I made this again last night and used canned pineapple and a box of coconut flavored cake mix---told the DH and DS's it was a special PINA COLADA cake!! I put a small scoup of LF vanilla ice cream with it. They LOVED IT!! Next time I just need to drain more of the juice--a bit too watery.

AmandaRose-83---my boys love to say the name too---very funny!

kelley4gd--I used a pyrex casserole dish too.

jamie111---my blueberries weren't runny or mushy?? Maybe it is the brand--yours may have had more liquid in it?? I don't know that you can cook it wrong with these directions?? Try it again with other brand and see if it works better? Good luck!