Health Discovery Network
firechick139

Morningstar Farms Sausage Patties

I finally tried these after much speculation and I REALLY like them! I put one on a WW english muffin with just a little smidge of SF jelly for flavor and it is a GREAT, filling sandwich for 3 points! Has anyone ever grilled these? Do you think they would dry out?

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

yum...the jelly and english muffin sound good! i love these too-but have only eaten them in an omelet. im trying your way this week!

not sure about the grilling-i'd just keep a very close eye on them, they seem to dry out a little easy.

Anna B. :bcb_cool2

I like these as well... especially with a piece of 2% cheese on an English Muffin. They tast just like McDonald's Sausage McMuffin but for 4 pts! My leader puts egg on hers too, and says its great...

251.6/235.4/229 Getting Back on track and sticking to it! :exercise2

"If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I eat one of these almost every morning for breakfast. I cook them in my toaster oven, so that it gets a little crispy on the outside. I put it on a light wheat bun with a slice of 2% cheese. Yummy

LOVE them! :p No, LOVE THEM!!!

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

are these veggie sausages or are they meat? what's the points for just the patty?

Thanks!

N :bcbsalute

N :bcb_salut

Nan-see :)

Friday is WI!

weight.png

They're veggie: 1 patty is 1 pt, 2 are 3 pts.

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

I have been eating them this week-- I calculate them at 2 pts for 1? I just rechecked. Anyone??

Thomas Multigrain LIght Muffin 1

Light cheese------- 1

sausage pattie 2

and I like to add eggbeaters 1

great breakfast--

SW206/CW183/GW141

1st 10% goal 185.4-- DONE!:jump_jack

I don't have my box in front of me, but I can try to remember to look tonight.

224.2/175/165

I have only tried the Boca breakfast patties and I don't like them at all. Has anyone tried both? How do they compare. I like all the other boca products except the sausage...yuk.....so I have been reluctant to buy the morningstar brand.

SW 245

CW 185

Goal 135

:jump_jack60 Pounds Gone Forever:jump_jack

Smoke Free 739 Days

I have been eating them this week-- I calculate them at 2 pts for 1? I just rechecked. Anyone??

The ones I bought are definitely 2 points for one pattie. I really didn't think they were worth it. Is there another variety that is only one point each?

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I use the MSF sausage crumbles to make omlettes and "breakfast burritos" with. It's one point per 1/2 cup and I think it's still one point for the listed serving size of 2/3 of a cup, but don't quote me on that!

I usually stick with Canadian Bacon for breakfast. 3 slices for one point.

Here's the page with product info (look for the NI link @ halfway down):

http://www.morningstarfarms.com/cgi-bin/brandpages/product.pl?product=355&company=23

It ways that each patty has 1 g fiber, 60 cal, and 3 g fat. That's 1 point for 1 patty, only 2.5 for 2 patties (better than I've been counting). I'll have to double check that the actual box matches this.

224.2/175/165

my box says 80 calories-- maybe they have different kinds:)

SW206/CW183/GW141

Or maybe my eyes are going! :D

224.2/175/165

OK, mea culpa! I checked my box and 1 patty IS 80 cals, meaning 2 points. 2 patties DO count as 3 points, and since I always eat 2, my own calculations weren't hurt by this mistake. But I'm sorry if I messed anybody else up. :o

(Apparently, my eyes ARE going...)

224.2/175/165

not to bring up the same type subject again-- but today at the store I bought Gardenburger sausage patties and they are only 50 calories and 1 pt-- I will try one in the am and see if I like them as well:)

SW206/CW183/GW141

not to bring up the same type subject again-- but today at the store I bought Gardenburger sausage patties and they are only 50 calories and 1 pt-- I will try one in the am and see if I like them as well:)

Please post how you like them. I'd love to find a breakfast pattie that was only one point. Then, if I could just locate some one point English muffins in my area, I'd be a really happy camper. :D

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02