Health Discovery Network
Aeriea085

What's a good low pt spagh. sauce?

Hi everyone! I was planning on making baked mostaccioli today, and when I shopped for the ingredients I couldn't seem to find a sauce that was low in points (granted it was walmart). Does anyone have a really good low point spaghetti sauce that they could recommend? Thanks for the help!

~Jen

Jen :wave:

SW: 256

CW: 165

GW: 155

Started WW June 1, 2005

Total Pounds Lost: 91

Turn your face to the sun and you won't see the shadows

I use the sugar free Ragu basil spaghetti sauce.

I think it's 1 point for a 1/2 a cup?

Don't quote me on that though.

I have the points per serving written on the jar so I don't have to remember off the top of my head! LOL

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

We like the one I make. It is 100% 0-Point veggies so it is 0 Points and Core and contains no oil and no sugar or artificial sweetners. I just searched and it appears I have not posted it, but if you want I can post it later when I get home. I make it in big batches (enough for 6 meals for 2 of us) and freeze it.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

i just sautee garlic in healthy oil, then add tomato sauce and seasonings, like italian seasoning, a little splenda , garlic salt,parsly,and basil, bring it to a boil, then i let it simmer so it will thicken a bit. I made baked mostichoili, 3 nights ago it was great.

April

HW 370/CW 307.4/ GW 150

http://redd2lose.webs.com/ My Blog and Website

TEAM RED

Nancy,

I'd love to see a recipe for a 0 point spaghetti sauce!

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

I would love to see it, too. I am not very good at being creative, so if you know the measurements of each thing it will help!

~Jen

Jen :wave:

SW: 256

CW: 165

GW: 155

Started WW June 1, 2005

Total Pounds Lost: 91

Turn your face to the sun and you won't see the shadows

Healthy Choice has a regular sauce and a sauce with garlic and they're both 1 point per serving. It's actually really good and not that much more expensive than the Ragu's or Prego's.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=magenta][i]Karine[/i][/color][/size][/font] [font=Fixedsys][color=black]Ht: 5'8"[/color][/font] [font=Fixedsys][color=red][color=black]HW:[/color] 305[/color] (7/2000)[/font] [color=blue][font=Fixedsys][color=black]SW:[/color] 227.0 [color=black](03/26/07)[/color][/font][/color] [font=Fixedsys]CW: 227.0[color=magenta] [/color][/font][font=Fixedsys]GW: [color=deepskyblue]160[/color][/font] [i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=seagreen]"Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce." author unknown[/color][/size][/font][/i]

I tried the one from the book, using italian flavored stewed tomatoes, and spicing it up just right. I like mine a little chunky too, canned sauce it too runny.

Mere

HW: 250 (just new to WW)

SW:188.8

CW: 165.6 (5.4 loss over 1 1/2 weeks!)

For lifetime:143 (I think) 22.6 to go

Personal Goal: 130 or so

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made--Psalm 139:14

I usually use Hunt's Four Cheese sauce in a can. It's about 3 cups and the whole can is 6 pts. You can add stewed or diced tomatoes and veggies to stretch it without adding pts.

I would also like the recipe for 0 pt sauce!! Bring it on!!!!

ginnyb

"The only one who can stop me is me---and I can take her!"

ginnyb (aka loves2cook!) "It's not the falling down, it's the staying down!!"

I don't know if it's a local sauce, but Mid's spaghetti sauce, without meat, is only 1 pt./1/2 C. and is sooo delicious and homemade-tasting! The meat sauce is only 2 pts./1/2 C. and sometimes it is SO worth the extra point! So incredibly meaty!

Debbie

HW: 200

SW: 154 (8/20/05)

CW: 148.2

WWGW: 133

PGW: 125

5'5"

Hi guys,

I have a few ideas...

Before I start I would like to clarify that I always use 1 tsp of extra virgin every single time I cook a sauce….flavor is really important to me and nothing works better that EVOO!!

A very simple one really fast and good especially in the summer:

Put 1 tsp of evoo in a pan with some garlic and let it sautee for a minute or two and then throw in the pan cut fresh cerry tomatoes. Add salt, fresh cut basil and some hot pepper if you like it and let the tomatoes cook on high flame. Once the sauce is done (water from the tomatoes is almost gone) throw in the previously cooked pasta and 2 tsp of parmigiano cheese and toss the whole thing on high flame for a minute and it is ready to eat. Yummy!!

Another one: asparagus, zucchini and tomato sauce

Put 1 tsp of evoo in a pan with some garlic and onion and let it sautee for a minute or two and then add asparagus (the soft part) and zucchini cut into pieces and tomato sauce (without any spice). Add salt, pepper and fresh parsley if you like it. When fully cooked, put the sauce on top of the pasta and add 2 tsp of parmigiano cheese.

I also like legumes a lot so when I often mix them with the pasta (I used spaghetti and I crush them in small pieces) . Obviously you need to count the points!

A very good recipe that I often cook for myself is “pasta e fagioli” (Pasta with beans).

Put 1 tsp of evoo in a pan with some onion and let it sautee for a minute or two, then I add the beans (previously cooked with no spice added), plain tomato sauce and some parsley, salt and pepper and I let everything cooked slowly for probably 10-15 minutes. I mixed with pasta and I just love it!!

Italian cuisine is really simple, what makes everything good are the basic ingredients like veggies and fruit that just taste great!

If anybody tries these recepies let me know

Ciao

Teresa

sw kg 94.80 (208.8 lb) cw Kg 66.8 (147 lb)

1st gw: kg 83.00 (183 lb) 22 DEC 04:goal:

2nd gw:kg 75.00 (165.2) 30 MAY 05 :goal:

3rd gw: kg 70.30 (155 lbs) nov 06:goal:

4th gw: kg 67.50 (148.5 lbs) dec 06:goal:

last gw: kg 60.00 (132 lb)

" Non mollare l'osso"

Guest soxpatsgrl

Prego's Three Cheese, Garden combo and Garlic parm. are all 1 point and good.

By request ... and so it doesn't get lost (again) ... I posted my tomato sauce recipe here.

I hope you enjoy it! It's really nothing complicated, and you can vary the proportions.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie