Health Discovery Network
fribbit

To exercise now or not??

I was just wondering what you guys do??? I was just wondering if it is better to exercise and start toning up now, or to wait and lose some, then start to exercise??? i am confused as to what to do.. I heard that some exercise and weight loss is less and slower.beacuse they are exercising and some dont exercise and loose more weight quicker, then start exercising later after they have lost quite a few pounds..what is your input??? I want to keep losing at the rate i am, and afraid if i start exercising, it will slow down, on my weight loss, and i dont want that to happen..

thanks

fribbit

restart:

sw 176

cw 135.5

ww gw 141

my gw 130

start ww 8/22/02

sw 198

goal 129!! made it!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/fribbitspage

It is true that exercising can sometimes slow weight loss, but my opinion is it is worth it to start as soon as you can. To me, weight loss isn't just about the number, but my overall health also. I feel that if I am exercising and losing slowly, I am making my body healthier from the inside out.

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

Fribbit,

One, I need you to tell me how you made your freeweb page look so good....Seriously...I need to know. I have one but have yet to figure it out....

Two, I am a slow loser anyways and exercising just makes me feel better all around. I am diabetic and exercising has helped me get my sugar under control and even though there are weeks I am not losing pound, or am losing lbs but not a lot, I am losing inches and my clothes are feeling loser and some are even falling off of me. I totally think it is a great idea to start exercising and start now. I haven't been active in 13 years, so I started slowly with the Leslie Walk Away the Pounds tapes and have worked my way up to an hour or so of Serious cardio step Aerobics and strength training.

Good Luck!

Roni

Guest PSUAmanda

I think Exercising all along the way is very important. Keep in mind when you lose weight, you lose muscle as well as fat. While the number on the scale is incouraging, when you lose the muscle, your body won't look as toned. Not to mention by continuing to exercise, you can help prevent the dreaded skin sag in areas like your upper arms, thighs and butt. I've had great results with my weight training and even though I've lost a good deal of weight, I barely have any sagging and I hope to keep it that way.

Besides How great it can make you look, it also makes you feel fantastic. I know I feel ten times better on days I exercise than on days I don't. Needless to say I'm pro-exercise, but the important thing to do is what is right for you. Hope my imput helps.

Amanda;

I'm in a PANIC about the sag factor. Maybe I'm watching to much OPRAH!!!!

What do you recommend ? Exercise with weights? ANd what type of ab exercises.

As you can see I still ahev alot to lose and I really want to do it the "right" way so I can look my best!! Also I am on the older side LOL so........

And back to the original question. I started to exercise about 2 weeks into WW more because I need to beable to walk, walk and walk somemore when I go to DIsney in Oct, and I was worried about that. I don't exercise as much as I should I still have to get "my head" together on that. But I also DO REALLY feel better when I do so why I don't I have NO IDEA!!!!

EmmaJean:exercise2

GETTING FAMILY SUPPORT:jump_jack

I am in complete agreement with Amanda. One more thing: as they get closer to goal, many people find that exercising is the thing that really keeps their losses coming.

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

I would say start now. You will feel so much better. You may not notice as much loss on the scale. (I have slowed down tremendously!) BUT I know I am getting better. My clothes feel so much looser and I am full of energy I didn't have before. It changes my whole outlook.

And I know that this sounds hard to believe -- but I am craving exercise. The more I do it the more I want to do it because I LOVE how it makes me feel. I love running and playing with my kids. I like to clean my house. I just want to move all the time.

I kknow in the long run the results will pay off.

Grace

:kickbutt:

Back to WW for Good 8/6/2010