Health Discovery Network
NikaD

Balance 100 Calorie Snack Bars

This semester, I have grad school classes from 6-8 pm twice a week. Eating dinner beforehand isn't attractive, cause I go straight there after work... packing all 3 meals to haul with me sounds like too much of a pain. Enter the Balance 100 Calorie Snack bar!

I've tried 2 flavors so far: Chocolate Caramel Crisp and Peanut Butter Crisp, and I will definitely continue to buy them. It pretty much tasted like a candy bar (though maybe I haven't had one in so long that I've forgotten what they're really like!). There's apparently also a Vanilla Caramel Crisp one, but Trader Joe's didn't have it this time.

The bar consists of a bed of crispy rice, a gooey filling layer, and then the outer coating... chocolate or peanut butter. Each bar has 5 g Fiber and 6 g protien, so I wasn't starving by the time I actually got to eat dinner. My old standby, the Pria 110 bars, had only 1 g fiber and 5 g protien... though they're both 2 points. Compared to the Pria, the Balance Snack Bars were both more filling and felt like more of a treat. A good find!

Nicole

HW: 236

SW: 196 (8/8/06)

CW: 155.5 (WW: 40.5/ Total: 80.5) :D

Next goal: 5.5 to go!

I read the first line of your post and was ROTFLMLWBO! Grad School made me a protein bar connisseur. I usually ate Clif bars for four points because my classes were 4-7 and I wasn't home until around 8...

I like the Balance 100 calorie bars and agree that they are superior to Pria bars. I gave one of these to my 3 1/2 year old nephew and he was eating it with a dreamy, far-off look it his eye; he absolutely savored it.

I just found 4 point Balance choc almond fudge bars and Raspberry choc bars online at netrition.com. These are my all-time favorites but I haven't seen them in a store in years.

Hope your semester goes well. I got through grad school (while working more than 40 hours per week) by keeping my head down and just focusing on the next task on my to-do list. Finally the next task was "practice hair with cap" (all girls need a test run right?) and then "plan graduation vacation." Sometimes when people ask what my degree is in I tell them it's a Master's in time management and frustration tolerance. ;)

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

Successfully working full time, going to school at night, AND trying to be healthy certainly should lead to a degree in time managment! The meal bars are a help with staying on point... getting up earlier to exercise in the morning (before 8 hours of work followed by 2 hours of class) is the next challenge!

Nicole

Mmmm - Thanks for sharing!!! Where do you buy them at? It sounds like I need to add these to my grocery list!!

Mackey

SW: 176.2 (1/5/06)

CW: 156.2 (9/6/10)

Lifetime: 7/20/06

WWG: 144

Thanks for sharing! I work until 8pm and really do not like eating so late, I am going to find these bars and caring a couple with me to work! This could be the beginning of a wonderful relationship!!! lol:jump_jack

Michelle

As I lose the weight, I find a me I thought I'd lost!

sw 342 cw 289 gw 174

Sounds like something that would be good for during my tutoring sessions. I tutor from 3:05-5:05 PM after teaching the whole day. I then have a 1 1/2 - 2 hour trek home. These sound like they will get me through to dinner!

:bcbsalute MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

getting up earlier to exercise in the morning (before 8 hours of work followed by 2 hours of class) is the next challenge!

If you land that one, you get a PhD in time management!! I went to the gym after class sometimes and tried to get my workouts in on non-class nights, but getting up early to workout never happened. A big BCB salute for that one :bcbsalute

As for where to get the bars, Wal-Mart has them for a really reasonable price. You can find them near the vitamins and supplements.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

Guest Sahara

Thanks for this info! I tried the choc caramel crisp today and it's great! Much better than the Pria bars IMO.

Glad people like them! I got mine at Trader Joe's, and they were under a dollar a piece. Yay!

Nicole