Health Discovery Network
NikaD

Quaker Weight Control Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal

Oh, man, buddies. This product is TERRIBLE!

When I saw this at the grocery story I was psyched, because it said that it had 7g protien and 6g fiber per serving... one packet of normal instant oatmeal has only 2-3g of each and is never enough to fill me up, so I jumped on it. The fact that it had a similar amount of calories as a normal oatmeal seemed like a miracle.

It looked like regular oatmeal. It had a yummy maple/brown sugar smell like regular oatmeal. But, my friends, there is nothing regular about the taste.

The upside: I didn't want to eat any more after one packet. Whether this was because I was sustained by the increased nutrition, or turned off by the unsavory splenda/protien powder flavor, we'll never know. I'm not going to try it again to try to tease it out!

Nicole

HW: 236

SW: 196 (8/8/06)

CW: 155.5 (WW: 40.5/ Total: 80.5) :D

Next goal: 5.5 to go!

My favorite is the Regular Quaker Maple and Brown Sugar with Low Sugar. It is only 2 points a serving. Add a little spray butter and yum! I think the Weight Control oatmeal is higher in points.

Thanks for the warning!

I couldn't agree more - the weight control oatmeal is something I bought once and will never buy again. Yuck!

Lisa

Lifetimer since AUG-08-2006

Core since AUG-30-2006

-------------------

SW 204 (Feb-28-2006)

CW 174 (Jan-25-2007)

WWGW 179 (I'm 5'11")

-------------------

I agree, that flavor was really off...didn't care for the cinnamon either. The banana bread one is pretty good, though, so you might want to give that one a try.

Recomitted 1/14/08

SW: 134

CW: 130

GW: 115

Total Weight Lost: 4 pounds

Mini-goal: 125

(Reward: tennis racquet)

I didn't care for this flavor either, although I do enjoy the other two - and they keep me full for quite a while.

I add extra cinnamon to the cinnamon one. The key, IMO, is to mix them with milk.

~Kristi~

Yeah, I thought it would be good, but it was nasty... don't buy it!

Patience (11/1/11)

Sean-8

Sara-5

Samantha-2

314/302/180

-12 :bcb_up

Next WI - 11/28/11 (goal -2)

Hmmmm..I haven't tried the maple one yet, but the cinnamon & banana bread ones are really good. The banana bread one I slice 1/2 of banana into it while it's steaming hot and it's soooo yummy! The oatmeal itself is 3 pts, which is higher in points than the others but it's more nutritious. OH! And I second the milk. Mixing oatmeal with plain water is just gross:ugh: I usually spend about 6 points on this breakfast between the 1% milk, 1/2 of medium banana and the oatmeal itself, but to me, it's worth the points because it is VERY filling and keeps me satisfied til lunchtime:)

Guest ChitChat

Well I am glad someone said something...I bought some to take on my camping trip with me. I will have to go home and try it now before this weekend....would hate to get stuck with a horrible breakfast on my camping trip!!!!

Thanks!!!

Guest jamison

I too tried the weight control banana bread flavor, and it was ok. It was 3 pts., but the portion size is a little more than in the other packets which only have 2 pts. But I believe the maple & brown sugar low sugar is still my fav. I have been wanting to try the weight control brown sugar, but I'm glad you guys warned me!

Guest Avarweth

Oh, man! I *just* bought a box of the cinammon stuff... money is tight this week, so it was a splurge item. :(

Well, maybe I'll like it... *crossesfingers*

Guest ChitChat
Oh, man! I *just* bought a box of the cinammon stuff... money is tight this week, so it was a splurge item. :(

Well, maybe I'll like it... *crossesfingers*

Let us know what you thought!!!

The irony is that the so-called weight control oatmeal is more points (3) than at least one kind of regular oatmeal- the apples and cinnamon flavor is only 2 pts. So much for weight control. :)

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Wow, I was so shocked to read the reviews.

Miss picky eater here LOVED it. I tried it for the first time today.

1 pack of Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal with 1 tbs of walnuts cooked in 3/4 cup of water. Topped with 1/2 cup of bluberries and 1/2 cup of milk. I thought it was delish.

Guest Avarweth

I really like the cinnamon and the maple & brown sugar flavors. :bcb_grin

The weight control oatmeal had a weird texture and gave me heartburn. I like the Kashi oatmeals. They have a high fiber count as well.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I hate to spend extra money on stuff and then find out that I don't like it.

Tracey

highest weight: 296

Restart WW: 286.2

Current Weight:270

100 Days of Exercise Challenge: 28/100

TOTAL LOSS: 16.2

I had the banana bread one the smell is better than the flavor. It is good but not great. I have had the Simple Harvest Oatmeal that Quaker makes in the Apple Cinnamon flavor and it was really good only 2 pts. if made with water, I think it was 3 with milk.

~*~Kambi~*~

SW 240 (3/16/11)

CW 237.5 (3/18/11)

I think I can, I think I can

:bcb_march

I LOVE all the Weight Control oatmeals. If I don't have a packet for breakfast (usually with blueberries or a sliced banana) then I'll have it in the afternoon for a snack. It's much more satisfying to me than a snack bar or granola bar. I didn't notice any aftertaste. :bcb_up

Judy

~I will use my stumbling blocks as stepping stones.~

SW - 252.0 :bcb_cry:

CW - 243.0 :bcb_bigsm

GW - 165.0 :bcb_up

I really didn't like the Weight Control Maple and Brown Sugar, but then again, I don't usually like things with a fake maple taste. However, I LOVE the Weight Control Cinnamon. I have it almost every morning with 1/2 cup of blueberries, a packet of sweetener, and an extra touch of cinnamon. YUM!!! It's very filling and keeps me full and happy until lunchtime. That's worth 3 points to me.

Tammy

SW: 198.6

CW: 175.2

GW: 130

This is my journey, and I won't let a little pebble in my pathway become a boulder. I'll just kick it out of the way and keep moving forward! :bcb_march