Guest MommyJenny

Pork and Scalloped Potatoes

Guest MommyJenny

Pork and Scalloped Potatoes

Ingredients:

4 teaspoons of healthy oil

1/2 teaspoons salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (not Core, but when divided into six portions, it's just .3 points per serving)

1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth

6 pork chops

6 cups thinly sliced potatoes

1 dash paprika

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In sauce pan melt 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add salt, pepper and flour. Pour in the chicken broth, cook and stir until mixture boils. Remove from heat and set aside.

3. In skillet brown pork chops in rest of oil. Spray a cooking dish with non-stick spray and layer potatoes. Pour mixture over potatoes and place browned chops on top. Sprinkle paprika on top.

4. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.

Yum-my!

I made this for dinner last night - it was great! Thanks for the recipe!:)

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

This was dinner in our household tonight, and DH ate FOUR pork chops. Granted, all six weighed just under a pound total, but STILL! I guess that means this gets a GIANT thumbs up from us! Thanks for sharing!

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

Guest April32

I made this for dinner tonight and everyone loved it! Thanks for the recipe!

Mmm sounds good on a coolish night. If I could just get someone to peel my potatoes. ;)

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Bumping! I am going to try this out tonight.

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

Guest suzy-loozy

This sounds great! I made something similar to this but used the boxed variety of scalloped potatoes..... I left out the milk and butter to lessen the point value (I'm a flexie)

This sounds just as good and probably less points.....

Thanks!

:exercise2

Wow. This was absolutely delicious...a must try!

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

This looks so good, it's on my menu for tonight! The only change I know that I'm going to make is I'll replace oatbran for the flour and see what happens... only since I'm out of flour and don't want to go to the store again!

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Guest SatinLeigh

After browning the pork chops, I cooked sliced onions and musrooms in the drippings and added those to the potatoes. It was fantastic!