Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
nancee05

Low point egg salad

I really like egg salad sandwiches. I know all about low point bread and ff mayo...but, I'm wondering does anyone else know about how to make the eggs lower points?

I was kind of thinking maybe I could just use like half of the cooked egg yokes. I thought that it might make it a little less points. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I tried searching the threads for it but, it only brings up threads with the word salad in it.

Thanks!!

Nancy

Recommit date 10/19/06

HW 260.0

SW 246.6

CW 240.0

GW 165.0

Wedding date 9/8/07, hopefully my dress will fit by then :)

Guest suzy-loozy

Yup..........taking out some of the yolk is the only way to make it less pointy.....I myself cannot stand FF mayo, but can handle the light bread.....I need to use the Best Foods RF mayo and it's good, especially with just a touch of pickle relish too......

I too love a good egg slalad sammie and make them when I tire of lunch meat.....eggs are cheap as well.

I also do that with my breakfast....Egg Beaters are sooo expensive, so I buy eggs on sale and put three in a bowl and remove 2 yolks and then you have some volume but for only 2 points......

Ciao!:exercise2

I make a completely eggless egg salad with extra firm Tofu.

I refrigerate the package of extra firm lite tofu then take it out of the package and squeeze out the excess water with some paper towels. Then I mash it up with a fork and mix it with some light mayo, pickle relish and mustard and serve on light toast.

If you're not ready for straight tofu, maybe you could mix it to use less eggs. I use the Mori-Nu Lite Extra Firm Tofu. The whole box only has 3 points. It makes a lot of "egg" salad.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest jefrado22

wow, Joanne, thanks for the tofu info. I was using 3 whites to 1 yolk, but that sounds great!

Great idea about only using some of the yolks- I can't understand why I didn't think of that! :p

I also add in some fresh minced onion and a bit of pickle relish and serve it on whole wheat (1 pt) bread with a layer of crunchy lettuce- YUMMY!

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Guest DragonMom

What a great idea about the tofu! I've always made my egg salad with fewer yolks, and I use Hellman's lite mayo. chopped celery and radish also adds bulk and crunch.

Guest martwork

I make egg white egg salad with no yolks at all. Just light mayo, celery, salt, pepper, and egg whites. You could also add any other vegetable that you like (radish, carrots, green pepper, onion, etc) and a little mustard. My 9 year old son even likes the egg white egg salad for breakfast on a bagel.