Health Discovery Network
Catherine Rose

Thanksgiving Recipe Exchange

Bumping up! :bcb_up

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who have contributed to this thread. I was dreading Thanksgiving but I now feel that I CAN be in control! :bcb_bravo

Courtney ~ in Japan

2009 is my year! Recommitting and taking it one day at a time.

I know Thanksgiving isn't for another 6 weeks or so, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to start thinking about recipes to try now that I've just started WW. These all look so good. Anyone have anything to add? :-)

Core Sweet Potato Casserole

(12 servings)

3 cups sweet potatoes (about 4 large ones)

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 cup Splenda

1/2 cup egg substitute

1/2 cup skim milk

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 tsp. salt

Boil, remove skins, and mash potatoes. Mix in all the other ingredients. Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been sprayed. Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Optional topping: 2 cups of mini marshmallows (sprinkle over top before baking, and count points (2 points per serving)

Tammy

SW: 198.6

CW: 175.2

GW: 130

This is my journey, and I won't let a little pebble in my pathway become a boulder. I'll just kick it out of the way and keep moving forward! :bcb_march

I think I will use the pumpkin pie crust recipe and then make apple pie...

I fill a huge bowl with peeled diced up apples...add ff butter...I don't measure but maybe about 2 tbs cut up into little pieces then add splenda and cinnamon...again I don't measure but start with a little and then add more....I always add more splenda than cinnamon...mix it all up really good...cover with saran wrap, poke some holes in the saran wrap and then microwave....when I do a big bowl I start at 7 1/2 minutes then stir again....I cook mine until apple pie consistency..just put them back in the microwave if they aren't soft enough. The apples by themselves are wonderful. But who doesn't love guilt free pie??

I am going to add them to the crust and let cool....then I will put in the fridge and when I want a piece...just cut and warm it up

Core Apple Pie-mmmmm

Guest deedon63

Erlas,

Sounds wonderful!!! Did you try it???

Guest tinka

bumping up so I can find it and get some ingredients.

Bumping up for 2009!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

holidays are coming so we should make a christmas recipe exchange, I have a lot of recipes that I just found in a free recipes site that I want to share with all members. :)

Annieo feel free to start a thread. I am sure we will be interested

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

marking my spot! Time to start planning the menu for Thanksgiving and I don't have time to read the whole thread right now...but I will :bcb_bigsm

Kelli from MN

"change happens one day at a time"