Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
CamaroJo

Totally Confused about APs

Hi everyone!! :help: :ugh:

I have combed through here and I am totally confused. I hope someone can help me please.

I have seen "activity point finder" mentioned... what is this and how do I get one? I did not get any such thing when I joined a week ago.

Also, how do AP actually work? How do you calculate them? I know they are on our trackers and when you do so much exercise (not sure how much), you get to check off one of the boxes. Then I am assuming from what I have read here that you can "trade" APs for food points???? Although I could be way off by now lol.

Please help!! TIA

Jo

Jo

Joined WW October 7/06

Hi Jo, and welcome to BCB!

The reason you don't have the AP slider is because WW doesn't actually give it to you until your 3rd week! I guess they want you to get used to counting points before you add in exercise, because for many people requiring exercise AND points-counting is quite overwhelming.

There are some explanations of how the points are calculated here in the message boards - This one, from the "Exercise Reference Info" stickie in this WW & Exercise forum, should spell it out for yoU: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showpost.php?p=603144&postcount=4

The things it factors in are how long you are exercising, your weight, and how hard you are exercising. The "how hard" is the toughest one to guage, IMHO.

And yes - you earn APs which you can add onto your points allowance for the day. In fact you SHOULD consume them all - feeds "the machine" and keeps your metabolism going!

Good luck!

Chris

HiWgt(5/11/05) 235

1st WWStartWgt(3/27/06) 204.4

New WWStartWgt (10/9/09) 180.4, WW Goal 146

weight.png

Thank you so very much, Chris!!

At the moment I am to be eating 32 points.. and I am having a heck of a time consuming all that. I have met the 32 most every day. Today I have 2 more to go (here comes a bedtime glass of OJ!). I do go to Curves at least 3x's a week and I actually like exercising once I get into a routine.. must be the endorphins! lol. So I know once I get my butt in gear I will have even more points to consume (although I know as I loose weight those points will lower). So what's a good balance? I will check out the info you gave me. Thank you again! Next Saturday will be week 3 for me so I should get the AP finder then.. thanks for letting me know that, too.

Congrats on your weight loss!!

Jo

Jo

Joined WW October 7/06

I started WW on Flex, and I struggled for two reasons - one because I was spending so much time thinking about and calculating points which I didn't exactly enjoy, and second because I found at the end of the day I had to eat something, anything, to get to my points for the day. I wasn't always grabbing something healthy.

So I switched to Core - which has worked out GREAT!! If you get a hankering to try it, come over to the WW Core section of BCB and check us out!

Chris

HiWgt(5/11/05) 235

1st WWStartWgt(3/27/06) 204.4

New WWStartWgt (10/9/09) 180.4, WW Goal 146

weight.png

Thanks, Chris! Thats great to know. I actually am not having a problem with the counting the points and I kinda like it. I will check out the core program though because I think its good to know all the options!

Jo

Jo

Joined WW October 7/06