Health Discovery Network
AmandaRose-83

Low Fat Ranch Dressing

I love ranch dressing, but HATE the low fat versions. This versions is like the ranch served in restaurants, but with a lot less calories and fat. 1 pt per serving!!!

Low Fat Ranch Dressing

1 pt per serving

1 serving is 2 tablespoons

1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix

1 cup skim milk

1 cup low fat mayo

Add all the ingredients together and mix well

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

I'm going to make this tonight to go with my veggies!!!! Thanks!

*Heather*

"Nothing is worth more than this day"

I made this an hour ago. Thought that it would not firm up, b/c ff milk -- but it totally firmed up and tastes great. DH love to dip veggies:)

thanks for great recipe!!!

To be honest, this dressing has been a life saver for me!!! I love salads and now I can feel like I am not depriving myself with those yucky ff dressings!

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

Guest crazymamato4

Oh Im so glad I found this post. I cant stand FF dresings but love my loaded salads, so Im going to try this.

Now to just figure out how to get it in the resteraunts...lol

Seriously, I think you should be able to bring it in in a small plastic container! If you are paying for the salad I bet the restaurant would have no problem with you bringing in your own dressing. They are making out better than if they dont, because if they didnt let you you would probably not order the salad!

Sounds yummy!

I will admit, however, that Kraft as a FF Sour Cream & Onion Ranch dressing that is pretty darn tasty, especially on a baked potato. (2tbsp=1pt)

:goal: Win With Weight Watchers!

GR82BMe

North Texas

just had to say, i made this the other day and LOVED it!! I have been using it on my salads and dipping baby carrots in it. I hate, hate, hate store bought fat free dressings, and this was yummy! (so good, I had to make myself not drink it out of the jar I mixed it in!:embarrass )

Tammy

SW 220

CW 192 (12-3-07):bcb_march

GW 125:bcbkickbu

Guest lisa412

Sounds great. I am going to make some today for dipping. Thank you! :headover:

Here's a low-fat mock up of the Outback restaurant ranch dressing. This stuff is awesome and is great as a dressing and a dip.

I calculate it as less than 1 pt per tablespoon.

1 cup HELMANNS light mayo

1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk

1 tsp Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk ranch mix (MUST be the buttermilk mix)

1/8 tsp paprika

1/8 tsp garlic powder

1/8 tsp black pepper OR 1/4 tsp course black pepper

Mix and chill.

The packet of ranch mix you buy will make three batches of dressing so save the extra. Also the small container of buttermilk will make two batches of the dressing.

*** USE HELLMANS LIGHT MAYO. Made this once with Kraft Light Mayo and it was too vinegary. Shoulda stuck with the Helmanns. ***

Roger

Starting: 206 (7/10/07)

Current: 206 (as of 7/10/07)

Goal: 185

Guest crazymamato4

I love Outback's dressing, defintly going to try this one.

I made the ranch one finally and mine didnt firm up. It stayed kinda runny. I poured it over my salad and it was still very yummy, but I know I couldnt dip veggies in it. I wonder what went wrong???

Guest cay517

Thanks for posting these 2 recipes! I hate store bought ff ranch dressing. I'll give the first one a try tonight...Thanks!

You could make this almost Core (extremely negligible points for the mix) if you used ff buttermilk and ff mayo.

Erin (Princess Dirty Bird)