Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Anabel

flat out bread

I get the flat out bread at Wal-Mart in the deli section. The low carb light is only 1 point. I really like it....some people don't. I put turkey, tomato, lettuce, and some ff italian dressing on it and make wraps. :)

184.5/151/145

My journey since 8.27.06

Guest TJBarb

It's delicious!! I found it at Meijer's and it's the best flat bread I've ever eaten! Only 90 calories and extremely low fat! And.......... it freezes like a dream!

Enjoy!

Guest suzy-loozy

I tried the Italian herb one and frankly it tasted like cardboard to me, but I've heard the Whole grain one is great.....so I'll try it next.

:exercise2

I like it for breakfast...with 1 tbsp of AllFruit and 1/2 banana (and then cut lengthwise), and roll it up. Makes 2 little breakfast sweet "burritos" for 3 pts.!

Carla

SW 172 -- 08/10/06

GW 135 -- 12/14/06

CW 145 -- 11/29/09 (My "Oh, Crap!" number)

Lifetime member gettin' back to goal!

I love it for pizzas! Also for that sweet tooth...spray it with some butter and sprinkle splenda and cinnamon on it and pop it in the oven at about 400 degrees for about 4 minutes - watch it closely.

SW 245

CW 185

Goal 135

:jump_jack60 Pounds Gone Forever:jump_jack

Smoke Free 739 Days

Guest southernlagirl

I love it! I make wraps and pizza with it. The light is 1 point a piece. The others are 2 points a piece. I plan to try and make taco shells out of for taco salad. Look in your local supermarket's deli section for them.

Take an apple and dice it up...cook it in the microwave until tender, add some sweetner and cinnamom...spoon into mini flat out bread and roll up...makes a wonderful apple flauta.:D

:wave: TLC:wave:

"Be like a postage stamp, stick to something until you get where you are going..."

Starting date: 8-15-05

SW: 197.4

10% target: 19

CW: 181.0

"You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there."

www.picturetrail.com/kimjomom

Guest tll2e

I've tried all the flat out breads. You can get them at Krogers in the deli section too. The harvest wheat is the best tasting IMO. Most of the large size lite ones are 1 point each and very filling. If you get the small kid size ones, there is a lite version that is O points! It takes 2 of them to equal 1 larger one, so if I eat more than 1 per day, I count 2 of them as 1 point.

I like to spread the small ones with a Laughing Cow lite cheese triangle and roll it up with turkey and spinach. 3 points. Yuuuuummm! :) I usually have one with a cup of vegetable soup for lunch.

I get mine at super Walmart, at mine they are literally right in front of the deli case on a little shelf. I like to use the smaller wheat wraps (1 pt. each) and make mini pizzas! I take 2 wraps, split 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce and 1/4 cup lf shredded mozzarella cheese on the wrap, add italian seasonings and place on a baking sheet lined in aluminum foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 10-15 mins or until the cheese is melted and the edges look browned and sorta crispy. If you have the points you can even add some turkey pepperoni or black olives (my personal fave) but veggies are good too, like onion and green pepper. I am actually having these for dinner tonight! I love them. :)

Kristen

Joined 11/17/07

Height - 5'4"

SW: 302.6

CW: 302.6

Total Lost: 0

Another vote for Flat Out! I took a wedge of Laughing Cow Lite Swiss and spread it over it before adding some sliced turkey. Yummy good! :)

~~Jen~~

340/340/170

I made an awesome wrap last night with Flat Out (1 pt):

I sprinkled low-fat cheddar on the wrap then added cut up chicken breast (cooked with fajita seasoning), fresh spinach and some taco sauce. YUM!! Lots of flavor, satisfying and only 7 points!

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

I made an awesome 2 pt. snack with a piece of Flat Out bread last night!

1 mini wheat flatbread (1)

1 romaine lettuce leave (0)

4 slices healthy choice chicken breast lunchmeat (1)

1 tsp honey mustard (0)

What a satisfying 2 point snack. And so easy! :)

Kristen

Joined 11/17/07

Height - 5'4"

SW: 302.6

CW: 302.6

Total Lost: 0

The other day I missed lunch and wanted something satisfying, healthy and low-points because I knew I had a big dinner ahead of me a few hours later. This is what I threw together in a Flat-Out and it was yummy:

a few ounces of chopped up chicken breast (the ready-to-eat kind)

fresh spinach leaves

a little low fat cheddar (melted over the chicken breast)

Then for the "sauce" I mixed together some salsa & fat free cottage cheese and melted it together in the microwave. A great, low-point "sauce" with flavor AND nutrition!

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back