Health Discovery Network
AmandaRose-83

Garden Burger Vs. Boca Burger

Just talking burgers here...

Which do you like better... Boca or Gardenburger?

Personally, I think the Gardenburger tastes so much better. I don't care that there's a point difference. The taste makes up for it with me.

What do you guys think?

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

I actually go through phases where I prefer one, then all of a sudden get TIRED of that taste and switch to the other. If I had to pick one to live on forever, I'd pick Gardenburgers.

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Ive never tried the burgers but I love the chicken patties. They are only 1 pt and they are delicious!

Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha

:p

ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette

sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute

Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

I prefer the Gardenburger over the Boca too! But I prefer the Morningstar veggie burger over the Gardenburger :lol:

Lele

Lifetime since July '06

SW: 193.4/ WWGW: 132 / CW: 120.2 1/4/10)

Weight loss is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but the results are beyond rewarding.

I like the Boca Burgers but I can't find them anywhere anymore... I have been to 3 different stores that used to carry them and now... nothing...

Are the Garden Burgers made by the same company or ????:confused:

Julie

SW: 161 :ugh:

CW: 156

GW: 145:crazy:

PGW: 142

Joined WW (again). Oct 10/2006

I bought the Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean burgers and they are wonderful.

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

Boca !!! but only the FLAMED GRILLED, the others are yuck

Matter of opinion of course.......I like the Boca Vegan burger for 1 point...so do my kids.

I prefer the Gardenburger over the Boca too! But I prefer the Morningstar veggie burger over the Gardenburger :lol:

I totally agree. I often have the veggie burger on a whole wheat lite english muffin in the morning for a 2 pt but very filling breakfast!

Alissa

Start Date - 12/2009

HW 158

CW 152

WW GW 137 PGW 130

weight.png

Guest crazymamato4

Well I finally decided to try these burgers. Tonight I had the garden burger, I thought it was okay, but about 3/4 done, I couldnt eat anymore, started to taste funny, i dunno.

I made the kids Boca Burgers w a little cheese melted on them, and they said they were pretty good, so maybe I need to try to Boca ones myself.

I prefer the flame grilled Boca burger over both the Gardenburger and the Morningstar burgers. It's the only Boca I've tried, though.

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

I like the Morning Star Veggie Burgers the Bocca Burgers have an after taste for me.

SW 198 -4/24/05 On my own

CW 151 (-47lbs) gone forever!!!!

GW 130- I can do it.. I can, I can, I can

:wave:Slow and steady wins the race

Guest crazymamato4

I finally tried the Boco burgers ( flamed ones) and I really enjoyed them and my kids cant seem to get enough, usually they take like 3 bites of regular burgers and waste the rest, but they eat a whole boco burger.

Guest sunshinelovehope

I like the Garden Burgers and

I like

Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean burgers

Mornigstar tomato Basil Pizza Burgers

Boca Burger I would say have the closest to meat taste so if you are really attached to the traditional cheeseburger this is a good choice. I think Garden Burgers and Morning Star burgers have a great taste but not like burgers. If I am graving that meaty burger flavor, I go with 99% lean Turkey Breast with liptons onion soup mix in it.

Guest designsbybriana

Morningstar are great!! I could eat them all the time!

I can't stand the boca burgers. I had them once and they are NASTY!!

I've tried all the patties out there, I think... being in school means that I don't have a ton of time to cook during the week.

I'm not a Boca fan... In general, things that try to be beef= yuck, yuck, yuck!

Traditional Gardenburgers are really tasty, though hard to find these days. Morningstar Spicy Black Bean and Tomato Basil Pizza Burgers are really yummy popped in the toaster then cut up in a salad. I also like the Morningstar Chix patties a lot. They most resemble an actual meat product of any of these I've mentioned... probably b/c the processed chicken that goes into breaded chicken sandwiches is so gnarley in the first place!

Nicole

HW: 236

SW: 196 (8/8/06)

CW: 155.5 (WW: 40.5/ Total: 80.5) :D

Next goal: 5.5 to go!

Guest M_red

I just wanted to reply that I just tried the flamed Boca burgers and really liked them, I hate the regular.......but still wishing morningstar would bring back their steak and cheese burger :-( to date that has been my favorite until it disappeared! I have not warmed to their other burger flavors unfortunately.

I don't care for the boca or the gardenburger, but DR. Praeger's ROCK!!! They are the tastiest "fake" burger ever! I had some trouble finding them (Trader Joes) and apparently they needed to revamp the recipe (so said the website!), but they are back again in stores. If you can find them, I would pick up a pack or two or three.....YUMMY

weight.png

Guest TexAg

I didn't care for the Boca burgers at all! I'll have to give Gardenburgers or Morningstar a chance. I love the Morningstar buffallo wings.

Guest mochalattekona

The flame grilled boca burger are for me. I have hubby cook them on the grill and they taste great. Havent tried the other brands to fully comment my opinion.