Health Discovery Network
Luanne

OT: another reason NOT to eat at McDonald's

If true (and we all know many of these claims are not true), that to me is just another reason not to eat any food I don't prepare myself, in my own home (and that includes food prepared by neighbors or coworkers whose standards of cleanliness might differ from mine). Blech.

Calgal

Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:

180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:

182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

I'm sorry, but I can't believe the staff at McDonald's didn't see a SIX INCH RAT in the salad bowl. Sounds to me like the "finger in the chili" situation we had here in San Jose a while back.

Anne

I'm sorry, but I can't believe the staff at McDonald's didn't see a SIX INCH RAT in the salad bowl. Sounds to me like the "finger in the chili" situation we had here in San Jose a while back.

I totally understand what you are saying but why would somebody who obviously has plenty of money file such a lawsuit?

Another person who will turn out to have put the rat there themselves. We just had a case in VA of a woman and her son who said they found a finger in their soup at a restaurant - turns out they brought it with them. UGH. Everyone's out to make a quick buck. They think large corporations like McDonald's will just pay to avoid the publicity. A 6 inch rat could not be concealed in a salad until half of it was eaten.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Some people appear to have a lot of money but are in dept up to their eyeballs or are looking for publicity.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

I don't think the family's au pair (on whose behalf the suit was also filed) has a lot of money (if she did, why would she be working as an au pair?). And it just doesn't sound right that these two women took a salad, went home, both began eating it out of the same container (they're not THAT large) and didn't see such a large rodent. I just don't believe it.

Calgal

Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:

180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:

182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

I can't believe that to be true. The bowls the salad come in can't be much bigger than six inches. And for their to be a rat that big - it would have taken up most of the bowl.

Laura Elizabeth

Born May 7th 2005

A miracle blessing indeed.

Has anyone ever smelled a dead rat? Maybe it's just me, but I would definitely not start eating something with that smell hanging around as soon as I opened the lid. I mean, even if it had been in the refrigerator there would still be some sort of smell you would think.

People are funny. If this really is a scheme, McDonald's needs to turn around and sue them. All of this litigation (even some of the technically legit things)

drives me crazy.

Christena

SW: 193

CW: 193

GW: 130