Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

CORE Apple Crockpot Pudding

This recipe has now been tried by many Corebies, and is an apparent success! :D For their critiques, see Core Apple Crockpot Pudding

Just found this on the Core Plan Tips board, by Puff2006.

"I made the apple crockpot pudding today and it was to die for.I love bread pudding and this is the closest thing to it that I have found. The whole thing has 4 points and I have added all 4 to my count for the week as I have NO intention of sharing this with anyone HA HA I also belive I will be making the vanilla sauce on the WW recipe board to put on top of this wonderful dish. If you try this I hope you like it too.

6 apples peeled and cut into bite size pieces place in crockpot

3 eggs beaten

1/2 c. flour

1 1/2 c. oats

1/2 to 1 c. splenda [WWCarol: I used 1/2 cup fructose; it was perfect!]

2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice [i used 1 level tsp. cinammon and 1 level tsp. grated nutmeg]

1 1/2 c. FF skim milk

Optional: add 1 C. fresh cranberries for color and flavor

put apples in crockpot

mix all other ingredients together and pour over apples stir and cook for 4 hours on low

dont forget to spray the crockpot with no stick spray. "

WWCarol: This is a hit with my family. The fructose was fantastic; no weird taste or after-taste...just like sugar! :)

This is great served warm (or cold). I added a squirt of Light whipped cream from a can for 0 WAPs. DH and DS, 24, both love it too~ (I ate it twice yesterday...no guilt~) :)

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I just made a batch last night and it was absolutely DELISH!!!!!!!!! :)

Melissa

Started WW...12/18/08...6th time.

AGE 39

HEIGHT 5'3"

WW SW 193.8 (12/18/08)

CW 187.2 (01/02/09)

WW GW 135

:wave: SAYING GOODBYE to the 190s...

I used 1/2 cup fructose...it was EXCELLENT! :D

Didn't have apple pie spice, so used 1 tsp. cinammon and 1 tsp. grated nutmeg. :) :bcbsalute

I finally made this yesterday. It is very tasty. I do have a question though - I used the crockpot bag and found that lots of the pudding stuck to the bag. Do you stir this? I think I would make it without the bag next time.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

You stir it before cooking. Don't forget the non-stick spray.

I'd make it without the bag. I like the part next to the crock; it gets a golden brown and looks like bread pudding. It makes the dish extra pretty and tasty (I think). :bcb_bigsm :salut

Christine! You haven't made this yet?.............Oh my goodness! Let me know what you think. :bcb_smile

Correct. See my answer to your other post.

4 for the entire recipe. Depending upon the size of your serving, your serving may be 0-points. :salut

This makes a LOT! :bcb_bigsm

This is fabulous! My DBF and I have been eating this for breakfast for the past few days. It's yummy cold, warm, or hot. We love it!! :bcb_up

Kay :bcb_wink3

HW- 192

SW- 164 4-14-08

LW- 149 7-30-08

CW- 161.6

Personal Goal- 135

THANK YOUUUU!!!!!

I'm so glad you posted this again. I "thought" I had saved it, but couldn't find it when I looked for it. I want to make it my Core dessert for Christmas Day. Yummmy for the tummy and CORE!!!

I'm also glad you mentioned fructose. I've been wanting to find out more about that. I just looked up fructose (fruit sugar). They say it is recommended for diabetics. I'm not a diabetic, but regular sugar makes me want to have MORE - so that's not a good thing. I am able to use Splenda without it affecting me that way. It sounds like fructose is safe enough to try.

I was a little confused because later in the article they talked about fructose, as in "high fructose corn syrup". Now, corn syrup is NOT Core - correct? (I don't have my book here with me.) Does anyone have any input?

Thanks, buddies.

Diane

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

bump...making for breakfast this week

Original SW: 149

New SW (11/8/10): 138

CW: 132

GW: 125

:work_out:

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

I made the apple crockpot pudding (a very good recipe on it's own) again yesterday and this time I used 4 unpeeled, chopped apples (used red delicious as that is what I had on hand) and a bag of frozen cranberries. I made the recipe as printed--except-- I subbed 1/2 cup sf Vanilla syrup for 1/2 cup of the milk. I used 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg and a couple shakes of ginger and cloves. Used 1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend for the sweetener. I also make the recipe using oat bran in place of the flour. I stirred it every hour until the last 30 minutes of cooking so the frozen berries would get mixed around better.

I loved it as I like foods kind of on the sweet/tart side.

Daylily

You do know that the Brown Sugar Blend Splenda isn't Core, Daylily?...

so you have to count the points (if any) per serving.

Have you tried fructose? It's Core. :bcb_smile

Thanks for posting-------

Yes, I knew the Splenda Brown Sugar Blend wasn't core but being half Splenda and half regular brown sugar I figured it was about 1/4 cup sugar for the whole recipe. Am I figuring that correctly? I have used regular Splenda in making this before but wanted to try the brown sugar flavor.

I haven't tried fructose but have read some of the reports for it on this site and others. Need to put it on my shopping list and try it. I think I still have some Diabetasweet here as well--DH is diabetic--and I used to be able to get it in brown sugar near Wal-Mart pharmacy. I will check to see if it can be used by me on Core--may be some illegal fillers, etc.

Daylily

Anyone know how many Flex points this would be? I'd love to try it!

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

I made this with some zucchini I had to get rid of and it wasn't bad. Must be even better with apples! :bcb_up

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

I never did get to try this, and I just know it would become a favorite in my house, once I do start making it...

Tell me more about the fructose, I HAD been on Core for 2 years and never tried it, I think I had just forgotten that it was Core...I'm not thrilled about using a lot of splenda, so is Fructose a "healthier"/Safer alternative?

~*~ Robyn ~*~

Guest Slim4Ever

:bcb_up Super Recipe! I whipped it together last night and put it in the fridge before bed. I used 1/2 cup Splenda and it was perfect, would like to try it with the fructose. Have not experimented with that ingredient yet. The only other alteration I made was 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour versus white. Next time I will try the oat bran. I am eating it now for breakfast and am completely satisfied for a change to my normal breakfast, hot oatmeal, or yogurt oats and berries.

Here is a great thought for making this a super quick recipe!

MAKE AHEAD TIP: When apples are in season like NOW ;) Peel, core and slice/chop the apples and freeze them (6 apples) in a freezer bag (tossed with some lemon juice). Then when you want to dump this in the crock-pot to cook, there is no measuring, peeling or chopping involved.

I had a bag in the freezer and just dumped them in frozen, poured the other ingredients on top and forgot about it for 4 hours. I noticed when I cut it for breakfast this morn it had a nice crust on the bottom to hold it together, almost like a pie ;)

Where is the best place to find fructose? I have 3 major superstore chains here that I go to, and not one of them carries Fructose...Is it in a liquid or powder form?, so I will know what I'm looking for...

~*~ Robyn ~*~

I buy mine at our Food World. It is powder form and on the shelf right above the sugar.

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.

I made this today and my family loved it! I did use the splenda, as I too have never tried fructose. I can't wait to have it again in the morning.

Love the idea to freeze the apples. We just picked 40 pounds a couple weekends ago and I've been trying to come up with every imaginable way to use them. I have lots of unsweetened applesauce made and canned :bcb_grin ! I know I'll try the tip to freeze them!

This recipe is awesome on a cool fall day!!!

Lynda :jump_jack

SW: 247(11/01/10)

CW: 235.5

GW: 145

I made this today and it's really, great! I used 1/2 c Splenda and Harelson apples.

SW: 189.5

Lifetime Goal: 148 March 2006

CW: 147 (7/19/2010)