Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

CORE Apple Crockpot Pudding

I love this recipe and have it on hand ALL the time except during the summer months. I ALWAYS make it with oats in place of the flour, not oat bran, just OATS, and I LOVE it that way. Also I throw in some cranberries whenever I can and make it in the oven any more. 1 hour at 350, covered, in a big casserole dish. I increase the milk to 2 cups. Actually I don't measure the apples and use MORE. I don't stir the oat mixture either, just pour it on top. Then I put it in little one cup plastic containers. I take it for dessert every day at work.

• Like 1

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I made a new variation yesterday...canned pineapple & fresh blueberries. Yummy!

The only problem I have is DH....he keeps eating it!

bump:bcb_up

[B][I][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Jenny[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]height - 5'8"[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]HW - 181[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]CW - [/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]Weekly Exercise Goal - 75/210 miniutes[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiVQlpy/"] [/URL] [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiVQlpy/"] [/URL]

Made another variation....I added 3 tbsps of cocoa. Yummy choc pineapple pudding! Baked it in the oven as it was on anyway.

DH loved it too! I'll have to hide it from him - or be prepared to make another one!!!

Does anyone have a guesstimate of about how many one-cup servings this makes? 6? 8? 10?

TIA!

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

Thanks, Becky! I appreciate your effort :bcb_up

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

Bumping up - plan to make this on the weekend - I have a ton of apples and thought of this recipe. It is so good - I had forgotten all about it!

Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

So, I have a question before I make this again because as I scrolled through the posts it seems that there have may have been some modifications since the recipe was first posted. Can I sub oats for the 1/2 cup flour? Also, Lynn had written somewhere that she uses 2 cups milk instead of 1 1/2. Any recommendations there as well? I am drinking and using unsweetened Silk soymilk these days which I think will work fine but I'm not sure how much. Thanks all.

Oops, just answered my questions since Lynn's post is right above and she says all oats are ok as well as more milk. Will give it a try again tomorrow.

I just went to the store and bought everything for this and the pumpkin oatmeal. I just realized I only have quick oats, though. Do you think that will work or do I need to run back to the store? Arrgggh!

Jodi

Bumping up to make today!

Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

any idea how many points this would be for a serving as I'm not on core at the moment?? this looks so good and would love to try it.. I guess a serving might be a cup??? thanks

highest weight... 370

SW... 307.4

CW... 276.4

1st goal.. under 300 - 8/13/10

2nd goal..290 - 9/17/10

3rd goal.. 280 - 11/24/10

4th goal.. 265 -

halfway goal... 240 -

hugs, Lin

weight.png

This rocks!!!!! So good and filling - especially with the oat bran in place of the flour.

Lin: Not sure on points. It would depend on how many servings you got out of it.

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown