Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lumpy

How Does One Become a WW Leader?

Guest Lumpy

When I am at goal as a Lifetime Member, how can I go about becoming a WeightWatchers group leader? This is something I've always wanted to do but don't know yet the best way to go about it. Any suggestions? smile.gif BTW, as a fresh retiree, age 60, I will be able to devote as much time required for this activity, and I won't need big money or benefits.

In North Texas, your leader can give you a form to fill out which he/she sends into the main office. I filled it out but, unfortunately got a letter saying there were no positions at this time. :(

Good luck in your endeavor!

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest WCFD52

Hi Lumpy:

I can shed a little light on this since I am in the process of doing the same. First you must be a lifetime member to even qualify. Then you will need to be recommended by another WW employee for the job and fill out some very basic paperwork for WW corporate. Then you go to an interview and they tell you what they are expecting from you and give you a chance to ask questions. You are then either dismissed or invited to attend a 10 week training to become a Leader. I just went through the interview and was invited back for training but then put that off until February (scheduling conflict with my DH and I have a few pounds to lose again!). I will be a receptionist/weigher for now until I can fit the 10 week session in.

I'm glad to hear that you are not concerned with money ~ because you will not get rich working for WW!! It will be very appealig to them that you are available during the day ~ that is the hardest time for them to get Leaders since most already have full time jobs.

I'm sure other buddies who are already in the position may have more to add and some of this may vary from area to area. Talk to your leader and plant the seed now that you are interested. Good luck to you.

Shannon bcbsalute.gif

Depending on whether or not your territory is a franchise WW or a NACO member (North American Company Owned) is what determines what is necessary. YOur leader can tell you if you're a franchise or NACO-owned.

If NACO, then you apply to become a staffer and you will be a receptionist for six months before they'll consider you as leader material. IF in fact, you are selected to become a leader, you will be sent to a long weekend of training in or near your territory -- typically from a Thursday to Sunday, all expenses paid (including airfare if too far to drive.)

You'll then come home and be assigned a mentor who will work with you -- and you will trail him/her for a few meetings and do 'segments' of specific meetings until you're ready to actually do a meeting on your own.

Good luck and let us know. (by the way, in some territories, you can become a staff member if you are only 5 lbs from goal.

I've been a leader for 4 of the best years of my life!

SW:197 GW:152 CW:148 Height: 5'6<br />Been at goal since July 1999<br />If I can do it, ANYone can.

Guest Lumpy

Many thanks everyone for the advice.

Is it possible to just become a staffer (receptionist/weigher)? or do they all go on to be leaders? I can't see me leading a meeting, but just yesterday I thought maybe I'd like to really get down to business, make lifetime, and apply to work at the center.

It's time to try defying gravity!

I think I'll try defying gravity!

of course from the replies you've already rec'd it's obvious different areas of the country operate a bit differently. I think anywhere tho, simply going to your leader to let him/her know of your interest is the best way. You could do this at any time - either before hitting goal, or when you hit goal but haven't completed maintenance or once you're LT. Then your leader could fill you in w/ details about at what point they would interview, train, etc.

SusieKew - definitely, you could apply as a weigher &/or receptionist & not be a leader. Those roles are just as important & needed!!

JO

MAINTAINING FOR 11 YEARS 0 Months!! :headover:

IF YOU NEVER LEAVE, YOU NEVER HAVE TO COME BACK

I would let my leader know of my interest, either by approaching her and discusing my possible employment or by stating during one of the group discussions that when you reach goal, you want to work for WW. They'll take notice!

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!