Health Discovery Network
WnderLander

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

These are not overly sweet but are very satisfying! I've been messing around with the recipe for a while but this is the best variation yet. There's no doubt that you could change this up to suit your own tastes, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Baked oatmeal and pumpkin cookies - Core

POINTS® value | 1

Servings | 6

Breakfast | Store in container in refrigerator, lasts about 4 days.

You can substitute different flavor of sf pudding mixes, i.e. butterscotch, cheesecake, chocolate fudge. spices and fruit can very as well, just make sure to change the point structure to include your changes.

Ingredients

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

1 cup Hodgeson Mill Multigrain or Quaker Oats Multigrain Hot Cereal

2T fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix

1 item egg

1/2 cups cranberries

Instructions

Mix pudding mix with pumpkin, add egg, mix well. In seperate bowl mix hot cereal and pumpkin pie spice. Combine wet and dry ingredients and then mix in berries.

Form into six equal size cookies. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, enjoy! I let them cool, place them in a container in the refrigerator and for the next morning they are moist and yummy!

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Truly, it's all about taste. I'd say start with 1/4 - 1/2 tsp and go from there. Also, I found that this does work out better with regular oats, they turn out softer and more like a cookie should be.

~~ Lara ~~

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

These were easy and yummy! My five year old loves them!!! We baked a double batch today. I also used regular oats.

Lynda :jump_jack

SW: 247(11/01/10)

CW: 235.5

GW: 145

I just made these as well but I changed things up a bit too..

I used:

1 can of pumpkin

4 eggs

3 cups old fashioned oats

1 big box of FF/SF instant vanilla pudding

Pumpkin pie spice

splenda to taste ( I used about 1/2 cup)

Baked at 350 degrees for 20 mins

This made about 3 doz decent sized cookies. The cookies do not spread out, I dropped them onto a PAM sprayed cookie sheet by the tablespoon.

They are excellent, probably the best CORE oatmeal cookie I've made to date and they are SO EASY

My kinda cookie :)

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

Sorry Pandora,

I have to ask you the same question...How much Pumpkin Pie Spice in your recipe ? Yours is a larger recipe...

~*~ Robyn ~*~

Hmm..I didn't actually measure, I just shook it in there till it looked right. I'd have to say it was probably about a tablespoon. I normally add extra spice to my pumpkin pies as well, I like to be able to taste it.

On a side note, I brought these to a friend of mine who doesnt eat reduced fat anything, doesnt drink diet sodas, uses butter and regular salad dressing, etc etc. She couldn't believe how good they were.

**Sharyn**

LOL again, I don't really know. It's just the standard size, maybe 15oz?

**Sharyn**

15oz is the standard size of pumpkin! Just remember, pure pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling.

~~ Lara ~~

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Ok. I just replaced the vanilla sf/ff pudding mix with CHOCOLATE and boy oh boy are these good too!

**Sharyn**

Could you tell me the ounces on your pudding mix? Some puddings come in large boxes but I havent seen the SF/FF in these boxes.

Thanks so much

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

Guest mochalattekona

Pandorra,

Are your cookies also a point value of 1 each?

Thanks

I just made these last night (Sharyn's version), and YUM!!!!

I used a small box of vanilla pudding, and a small box of white chocolate (didn't have 2 vanilla), 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and cooked them for 20 min at 325 convection. They turned out very well!!

The next time I make them though, I will increase the pumkin pie spice and maybe add some raisins.

Thanks for the recipe- these are so easy to make!

SW and HW-198

CW-192.5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pandorra,

Are your cookies also a point value of 1 each?

Thanks

I'm sorry. I do CORE so I'm not sure how many points they are. Can anyone else help?

**Sharyn**

Could you tell me the ounces on your pudding mix? Some puddings come in large boxes but I havent seen the SF/FF in these boxes.

Thanks so much

The box says 1.5 oz (12 servings)

**Sharyn**

I made the 2nd recipe on this thread for pumpkin oatmeal cookies. I used eggbeaters instead of the eggs. These turned out pretty good. Nice to have another snack option. My sons like these also. Husband wasn't as thrilled. Thanks for the idea!

Guest Slim4Ever

I tried the original recipe at the top of the thread last night. Didn't have sf ff vanilla pudding mix so I used chocolate ;) I also added a tablespoon of Splenda and a generous teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Had one last night and it was good. Something baked that is core is always a bonus but I can't say these are my favorite. I think I would add more sweetener next time as well.

Thanks for the recipe, always looking for new core snack possibilities!:bcb_wink3

I just made these but changed it up a bit for me as well..I did:

1 can of pumpkin

4 eggs

2 cups old fashioned oats

3/4c oatbran

1/4c flax seed

1 big box of FF/SF instant choc pudding

Pumpkin pie spice

1/2c splenda

Baked at 350 degrees for 20 mins or so....They came out fabulous!!! YUM

Nicole

Guest Christen83

I think I'm gonna make these tonight to take to my parents for the weekend. That way I'll have an alternative to my mom's pumpkin bread.

**UPDATE** Not as big a fan as I expected. But I don't think I used enough spice either, and I even added spice after my first dozen. They aren't bad though and will deffinately keep me away from the pumpkin bread this weekend...Now if I can just successfully Corify my mom's pumpkin bread recipe I'll be on to something!