Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
suzieq222

Higher Carb/Protein eating....

I was given both the Higher carb eating sheet and the higher protein eating sheet at the last meeting...

I am looking for anyones experience with these...

Well, Suzieq... no one has any experienc with them because they just came out. the day you got them, was the week they were first introduced to the meeting rooms across the country. We're all playing with them to see how they work.

Let us know how you're doing. I'm alternating high carb/hi protein day by day.

SW:197 GW:152 CW:148 Height: 5'6<br />Been at goal since July 1999<br />If I can do it, ANYone can.

rouenmom - there's no absolute right or wrong way to use those sheets but to get a true idea of how your body responds to the different approaches, you should probably try to stick w/ just one for at least a week. Fluctuating daily like that won't be harmful, it just won't give a clear overall picture.

JO

MAINTAINING FOR 11 YEARS 0 Months!! :headover:

IF YOU NEVER LEAVE, YOU NEVER HAVE TO COME BACK

Guest imported_Kelly_S

FYI only the eating plans for the Higher Carb/Protein just came out. The options have been around since Winning Points came out. I personally am more satisified when I eat balanced so I can't help you out there.

As Jo stated above, there's no right or wrong way to use the worksheets. This is just another benefit of Weight Watchers. You can custom design your meals to satisfy YOU . We are all individuals and each of us has to decide what satisfies us and what sustains us the best and then we should eat those foods.

I do agree that in order to determine which satisfies you best you probably want to stick with one for at least a week. It's difficult to determine the results after just one day.

Have fun!

jj

[ October 28, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: jjhall ]

Success is a journey not a destination!

Guest girlinmotion

I have to say, it varies for me at different times which balance I prefer. In general, I am vegetarian and a bulk eater so high carb, high fiber is my usual mode. But when I notice that isn't working for me, if I up my protein it usually helps. In other words, I find I have to constantly adapt. I figure it is my body telling me it needs different things at different times.

One thing I would say. Even when I am eating higher carb, I definitely notice that I am better off if I have a small amount of protein with EVERY meal. I can't just eat toast at breakfast or I'm starving by 10am. As long as I have some dairy, an egg or some peanut butter my breakfast lasts way longer. If I snack on graham crackers, it lasts 30 minutes. Yogourt lasts longer.

girlinmotion, I'm the same way - protein definitely helps keep me satisfied longer. Here's a sample list for snack ideas that use basically good carbs, many w/ a little protein:

Fruit with 2 whole grain crackers.

One-half peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread with raw carrots.

Whole wheat toast with peanut butter.

Carrot sticks, lower fat cheese stick and whole grain crackers.

2 cups Plain popcorn.

Plain yogurt mixed with fresh fruit.

6-8 oz. Low fat milk and banana.

1 oz. Low fat cheese with slice whole wheat bread and apple.

Whole grain cereal with low-fat milk.

Fruit smoothie made with low-fat milk and soft tofu (or protein powder).

Graham crackers and low-fat yogurt.

Cottage cheese with fresh fruit.

Hummus with whole wheat pita bread (add veggies).

Whole wheat sandwich or tortilla wrap with lean protein filling.

Seeds or nuts (high in fat, so use in moderation) and dried fruit.

Whole grain bagel with low-fat cream cheese.

Raw vegetables with low-fat yogurt dip and whole grain crackers.

Homemade whole wheat banana bread, spread with nut butter.

Homemade whole wheat bran muffin, with low-fat cheese or low-fat milk.

JO

MAINTAINING FOR 11 YEARS 0 Months!! :headover:

IF YOU NEVER LEAVE, YOU NEVER HAVE TO COME BACK

Are these sheets available on the internet? I am using some old books of my moms--I don't even have the new flex points info---and I would like to try these plans out.

Thanks

Jenny<br /><br />Memorial Day Bikini Challenge!<br />Goal: 120 Weeks: 13<br />Start: 134<br />Current: 130.5

HI

Been a lurker for some time but I thought my two cents might be of help.

My leader told us to try a high carb breakfast one day and see how we feel. Hungry after 2-3 hours?? And then the next day have a higher protein breakfast and see which one you get less hungry on.

It reminds me of "The Right Mix" wk6 from the previous books.

Hope that may be of help to someone. wave.gif

Whatever your past has been, you have a spotless future.<br /><br />Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. -Madame Curie<br />@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @<br />Tigerkitty :)

Well, I alternated days -- my day 1 was oct 23. My weigh in was this a.m. I"m down 5.2 lbs this week. Nice. And that was with 3 high carb days and 4 high protein days alternating.

SW:197 GW:152 CW:148 Height: 5'6<br />Been at goal since July 1999<br />If I can do it, ANYone can.

I eat a high carb breakfast, usually a hearty bowl of oatmeal. The rest of my meals are a good pro/fat/carb mix. Oatmeal seems to be the only carb that I can eat by itself and keep me full.

I need the fat and protein to stick with me befor a workout.

Tam

TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

One thing I can definately say is that when I plan a high protein snack for 10 am by noon I am not famished but if my 10 am snack isnt high protein I am about to die before I get home... now my delima is this? (sp)

what is lowfat and high protein???

I was using peanut butter but I think the fat in it was kicking my butt

any suggestions? I know the high protein is what keeps me satisfied longer

Start WW on 9-23-03<br />September -3.4<br />October -12.6<br />November -8.6<br />December -4.8<br />January - -5.6<br />February - -6.8<br />March - -4.0<br />Total Loss -38.8<br />Viscountess Sweet Flower

Peanut butter is good stuff. Yeah, it has a lot of fat but it's the good kind. WW recommends adding 2 to 4 points of designated fats to your daily intake. I get mine with peanut butter. In fact, it's almost like dessert to me, I love it!

Other lowfat but high protein foods: tuna, chicken with skin removed, lean cuts of beef and pork. They don't sound so good for a mid morning snack do they. I'd take peanut butter any day over meat. smile.gif

There are reduced fat string cheese now available - 1 point.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.