Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
darkbloodsong

fat free cream cheese icing by nov.11 ??

I was thinking either FF cream cheese and SF buterscotch pudding mix or FF Cream cheese and already made SF vanilla pudding cups any other thoughts you all might have would be welcomed .I want to stay away from powdered sugar.

This is going to be used on the Pumpkin Spice Cake

1 Box spice cake mix

1 Pound of Pumpkin

mix and back according to box temp and time.

3 points for a 12 of the cake with out icing

Last weigh in 1/6/10

HW/ SW/ CW

468/415/408

My first goal

weight.png

Ok I would probably take FF cool whip and SF FF cheesecake pudding mix. The cool whip will make it light and fluffy and the pudding mix will give it the cream cheese taste.

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

I found this by googling light cream cheese icing recipe.. I have never made it so I couldn't tell you if it's good or not. But I think you could use Splenda instead of Sugar to make it even lower.

Light Cream Cheese Frosting

Submitted by: dLife

Description:

From Kathy: "A very tempting fat-free frosting!"

Source: The following recipe from the Diabetic Goodie Book (©1996) was contributed by author Kathy Kochan.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup sugar

2 Tbsp orange juice

Pasteurized dried egg white for 1 egg white**

Water**

1 (8-ounce) package nonfat cream cheese, softened

1/2 tsp dried orange peel or freshly grated orange peel

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

**PASTEURIZED DRIED EGG WHITE ~ This is necessary when the recipe requiring eggs/egg whites is NOT COOKED or BAKED, as in many puddings, unbaked cheesecakes and meringue recipes. If using the product *Just Whites*, use these substitution guidelines: For 1 egg white, use 2 tsp of "Just Whites* and 2 Tbsp WARM water.

Instructions:

In 1-cup glass measuring cup, microwave sugar and orange juice for 1 minute; stir.

In small bowl, using electric mixer at high speed, beat dried egg white powder and water until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar mixture in a thin stream. Continue beating at high speed until mixture is thick and glossy, about 4 minutes; scrape bowl occasionally.

In medium bowl, using same beaters at high speed, beat cream cheese, orange peel and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes; scrape bowl occasionally.

Add 1/3 of egg white mixture to cream cheese mixture, beating at low speed, just until blended. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in remaining egg white mixture until it is completely blended into cream cheese mixture.

Frost cake and store covered in refrigerator.

Tip: Try with pineapple carrot cake.

Nutritional Information:

Nutritional Information (per 1 Tbsp or 1/24 cake portion serving): 18 Cal; 00 g Fat; 3 g Carb; 1 mg Cholesterol; 50 mg Sodium; 1 g Protein.

Dietary Exchanges: FREE. 2 Tbsp = 1/2 Starch.

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe