Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
crawfish

Flex Plan, confused!

I am a lifetime member, just starting back on ww again. I don't understand this plan very well, my leader said it's like the old program, banking points. But she said you will have a slower weight lost. I had a couple of people tell me you gain weight on this program. I am very confused about this. I am not paying money to gain weight!I hope someone can answer some questions for me, because I need some answers, I have to lose weight because of my health.

caresse

Guest imported_Kelly_S

Did you start with 1-2-3 Success or Winning Points?

FlexPoints is exactly like 1-2-3 Success except:

1) Instead of banking points you get all the banked points up front

2) You can't bank the activity points you have to use them all in the same day

Here is how it all breaks down:

1) With FlexPoints you have a set Target or Minimum to reach every day....Just like with 1-2-3 and Winning Points

2) With FlexPoints you have a maximum to use each week (Target + Flex Points)...With Flex you have 2 more points a day or 14 points a week than you had with Winning Points but the same amount as 1-2-3...Winning Points they took away 2 points a day to try to encourage us to earn them back with Activity.

3) With FlexPoints you have banked points but they are now called your FlexPoints...Winning Points had a 5 point spread a day take that and multiply by 7 days and you get the 35 Flex or Banked Points....you just get these up front instead of having to save them day by day. 1-2-3 had a 7 point spread however with FlexPoints they raised the minimum by 2 points a day.

4) You still have to drink water

5) You still have to get in your dairy

6) You still have to get 5 combo servings of Fruit/Veggies

7) You still should be exercising

More people lost better and had less plateaus on 1-2-3 Success ranges and that is basically what W/W did. The nice thing they did was make the program 'FLEXABLE' (hence the name FlexPoints) by allowing you if you needed to eat all your 'banked' points on one day rather than 10 points a day. Or you could spread them out.

See nothing really has changed except how you get the banked points and what things are called.

Thank you so much for explaining that

I was wondering what the difference was!!!

Debbie

Start WW on 9-23-03<br />September -3.4<br />October -12.6<br />November -8.6<br />December -4.8<br />January - -5.6<br />February - -6.8<br />March - -4.0<br />Total Loss -38.8<br />Viscountess Sweet Flower

I'm eating all my points and losing an average of 3 lbs/wk. (At my weight...that's a reasonable amount). I'm very happy with the new program.

Pat<br /><br />A jouney of 1000 miles begins with the first step.<br /><br /><br />SW: 335.8 (original)<br />SW: 315 (second time around)<br />CW: 288<br />WG: 135

I like the new FP program, although I have noticed that I am not losing as much as fast as I once did. I could either be that my body is slowing down on it's own, or it's the new program. Up until just recently, I had been losing 3-4 pounds per week, and for the past six weeks I have lost 1-1.5 pounds.

I usually don't eat all my FP's unless I go out for dinner, and I usually eat them all in one shot instead of spreading them out.

Overall, I think it's a good program, and I am still seeing results, so I shouldn't complain.

Good luck!

~*CaLGaL*~

SW 343.8/CW 266.2/3rd 10% 251/WW Goal 150/Final goal 143<br />~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~<br />Total gone forever: 76 lbs.<br />Started WW: 2/11/03

Guest imported_Kelly_S

Remember the average you lose OP is .5-2 pounds a week and the closer you get to goal the slower it comes off.

don't be afraid to use your flex points; use as many as possible to prevent slowing your metabolism down.

my example: when I was losing w/ the old plan, I never used my AP nor used banked points. I would fluctuate using my point range, some days ate the lowest, some days at the highest. I lost weight but very slowly - most weeks were less than a lb a week.

I now experiemented w/ the flex points, wanting to take off a few lbs before the holidays. My target is 20. I ate my target every day; I ate ALL 35 flexpoints; and I ate 13 AP - I lost 1.4 lbs. :D

JO

MAINTAINING FOR 11 YEARS 0 Months!! :headover:

IF YOU NEVER LEAVE, YOU NEVER HAVE TO COME BACK

Crawfish, I would suggest that you go to a meeting and stay for the Getting Started Session. Your leader will fully explain all the details of FlexPoints then.

When Weight Watchers makes changes, they do it to improve the program. They would not change the program to cause people to gain weight.

Success is a journey not a destination!

Guest girlinmotion

Most people I have read about or talked to are finding Flex points works just as well or better. Plus it is a bit simpler and less restrictive, if you are a Friday meeting kind of person for example, you don't have to worry about the fact that you have no points banked for the weekend... The new program also allows higher point days than the old program (not restrictd to max 10 banked points per day). This makes sense because most people find a wide variety of points per day means better losses (ie Wendy program).