Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
kimmibear

Beach Workouts?

I've been searching online, but I'm looking for suggestions for a workout to do on the beach. I know I can go running, but I was wondering if there were some other creative ideas out there. I want to take advantage of the beach while I can.

swimming is a great way to get some APs. Also, the beach can be a great setting for some yoga practice!

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

Running is great in the low water. It's a double workout. Also building a sandcastle is a workout (no joke). You could try surfing. It works your whole body and really leaves you feeling like a part of nature!

"There is no elevator to success, you have to take the steps"

walmart tee shirt

SW: 214.5

CW: 214.5 OUCH!

GW: 165

I guess I should add that I can't swim, so anything that requires me going into the deeper water is out. I will try to do the running in the sand in the low water though. Extra resistance. And the sandcastle sounds fun :)