Health Discovery Network
mariemorgan

Twiced Baked Hearty Potato Casserole

This was in my newspaper this morning.. it looks like you could easily make this core..

Twiced Baked Hearty Potato Casserole

15 red Potatoes

1/2 lb of bulk sausage (use core sausage recipe)

2 cups shredded cheese (use soy or ff cheese)

1/4 cup butter (I'm guessing you could sub for something or obmitt)

1 1/2 cups Sour Cream (use FF)

2 tbs. Chives

Salt & Pepper

Bake for 40 minutes or microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile in a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop out pulp into casserole dish. Mash potato pulp with butter, than stir in chives, salt, pepper, sausage, cheese (leave enough to cover

the potato mixture, about 1/2 cup) and sour cream. Smooth out mixture and cover with remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

What could you use instead of butter?

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

Guest PheobeEmil

how about ff cream cheese instead of butter? Is that core? I'm not on core, but you guys have the best recipes, so I lurk here a lot. :)

This recipe sounds really good, but I'd likely not make it because I'm diabetic and I try to not eat so many potatoes. They really reek havoc on my glucose levels.

according to my book, FF butter is core

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

according to my book, FF butter is core

I cant find FF butter OR Margerine anywhere. The best I can do is the I cant believe it's not butter spray.

I can't find it in a tub, only tub stuff is "light".

FF cream cheese is not Core :(

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

The same people who make the ff butter sprays make a fat free butter squeeze (in a squeeze bottle). i've never used it in a recipe, but i use it for my cornon the cob or if i want something to have a bit of a butter flavor.

~Chell~

HW: 201

:ugh: ~ SW: 175

10% GW: 157.5 ~ WWGW: 150 ~ PGW: 140

weight.png

Olive Oil is Core. Just figure one teaspoon per serving. I'm not sure how many servings this is. I use Morning Star vege crumbles all the time in casseroles and chili and my family doesn't know the difference.

FF cream cheese is not core but is very low in points - 1 point for 2 tablespoons.

Momster :crazy:

Or maybe sub some of the Laughing Cow lite cheese to mix in instead of the ff butter. I use just a bit of ff cream cheese when I mash my potatoes...with lots of FF sour cream. Oh, I would use some garlic salt/garlic in those potatoes, too.

Penny McA

SW--172

CW--Let's just not go there, yet. (less than above, though)

GW--TBD

What about dry butter buds? Not sure if they are core or not, since I am not doing Core.

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

Guest sunshinegirl2006

I would think 1/4 c ff milk would be a fine sub for butter.

The problem with the "ff butter" and "ff spray butter" is that once you reach a few servings, which is only a few sprays...the fat and calories do add up. Even though it's called fat free...there is fat and calories in the bottle. I think I read once that the entire bottle of ICBINB spray is 900 calories and 90 g of fat!! YIKES!

I would think 1/4 c ff milk would be a fine sub for butter.

The problem with the "ff butter" and "ff spray butter" is that once you reach a few servings, which is only a few sprays...the fat and calories do add up. Even though it's called fat free...there is fat and calories in the bottle. I think I read once that the entire bottle of ICBINB spray is 900 calories and 90 g of fat!! YIKES!

ICBINB has a FF spread in a tub which is only 5 calories per serving, and it is Core :)

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

Guest sunshinegirl2006

Thanks for the link. I've never seen the tub of ff around here anywhere!

I still don't think I really believe that it is totally fat free. They claim that the spray is fat free too, but we all know that it is not. But I guess a serving of the tub is probably much larger than a serving of the spray? Who knows...:crazy:

Promise also makes a Fat Free spread..

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe