Health Discovery Network
jadeturtle

Veggie Scramble

I just love this breakfast.

In one teasp. olive oil, brown onions, chopped red bell pepper, mushrooms, and whatever other vegetables you like....I like to add either yellow crooked-neck squash or zucchini....when they're partially cooked, toss in a few handsful of spinach. Sautee all until spinach is wilted. Scramble in an egg or eggbeaters...when egg is firm, top all with a slice of Kraft @% cheese. I often brown and add a chunked Boca Burger, lean turkey breakfast sausage, or Boca sausage (either Italian or smoked) just before I scramble in the egg.. It runs anywhere from 5 to seven points depending on what you put in, counts for at least 3 and sometimes 4 servings of veg, and sticks with you all morning.

"I am pieces of all the places I have been,
and the people I have loved......"

– Brooke Hampton

Guest suzy-loozy

I do this very same thing as well......except I use a 1 point tortilla that is 12 grams of fiber.....1 pt RF 2% slice of cheese......I warm the tortilla and lay the cheese on it and place on a plate....I do the veggie thing as well, except I use one egg and two egg whites...2 pts....I add a 1 pt slice of bacon or RF sausage...I then place on the tortilla and the whole thing is 5 pts...and yes, very filling

Bon Apptite!

:bcb_march :bcb_march

Guest starbrite

you can even add that to a side of brown rice.. or stuff it in a whole wheat pita- and be STUFFED for hours.

i would love to find that version without eggs:(

would pancake flour work?