Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
debmonn

firm question

My library has a couple firm dvd's...but I don't have the transfirmer. Can I try Supercharged Sculpting just using dumbbells to see if I actually want to get the transfirmer? Or is having it absolutely necessary to doing the exercises?

Deb Hockey_LRWYUX.gif

SW: 263.2 (5/2/05)

CW: 208 (1/12/08)

minigoal: under 200

I don't think you really could. A lot of the moves require the incline. Maybe you have some sort of bench type thing you could use as an incline?

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

do you have any sort of steps? the transfirmer is used as a 6". 8" and 14"...also as an incline

supercharged sculpting does do a lot of leg work incorporating the transfirmer. you could probably try it without using the incline segment (i think just the warmup uses it) but the majority of the leg work is dips, leg presses and tallbox climbs which you will need some form of a lift to do. ok im rambling im sorry :embarrass

i got the transfirmer for my birthday last year-i love it and think it is definitely worth the $$

Anna B. :bcb_cool2

ok...i was thinking of asking for it for christmas, but just wasn't sure. I'm not much of a home worker outer, but sometimes in the winter its hard to leave the house at 6am when its 0 degrees outside!

Deb Hockey_LRWYUX.gif

SW: 263.2 (5/2/05)

CW: 208 (1/12/08)

minigoal: under 200

I think you could do it without the step to see if you like it. You'll miss some of the benefit of not stepping up or using the incline but it would give you some idea.

I love working out at home. I'm all about not leaving the house when it's cold outside.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

i cant even comprehend or imagine what zero degrees feels like. i cry when its 50.

i like working out at home-because im always so limited on time.

the transfirmer would make a wonderful christmas gift...and yes i agree with joanne you could try the workout without the step. i had to do it with out the step the first few times i worked out with it...because it exasperated the living **** out of me.

but i know you are a seasoned exerciser deb and will be fine.

Anna B. :bcb_cool2