Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest adorableabby

whats for lunch

Guest adorableabby

Hello fello buddies,

I'm a lurker,don't post often but I was wondering what people take for lunch if there is not a micro-wave available. Has anyone tried different things with wraps? How about pasta salads,or things with fiber? I'll start. I take soup and vegetables,I've tried thin ham with light cream cheese and roll it,no bread. Salad. I guess I'm trying to look for different creative things to eat so I don't get bored with the same stuff. So if you have any ideas lets share.

Abby

Abby-I do a different kind of wrap. I take the large outer leaves of romaine lettuce and wrap different things in them. I love thin ham, bean sprouts and bell pepper strips. The cajun turkey slices and pickles are good too. I dip the wrap in Lite Done Rite salad dressing or jalapeno mustard. It is good that way. Love, Cinde wave.gif

"There's so much to be done, count all the bees in the hive, chase all the clouds from the sky."CINDE SW 219-CW 184-GW 150-10% goal reached 04/13/02

Guest imported_Kelly_S

Yesterday I had my own version of Jack in the Box's Southwestern Chicken Salad:

I took packaged greens + a bit red onion + 1/8 of cup black beans + 1/8 of canned corn + 1/3 cup cheddar or pepper jack cheese + 1 1/2 ounces Foster Farms or Tyson Southwestern Chicken Strips for the base of the salad = 3 points.

My dressing tastes just like the high fat 7 point package but what I do is take bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch Fat-Free Ranch Dressing + 1 package of reduced sodium taco seasonings and mix them together and you get 1/4 cup for 1 point.

Guest imported_Kelly_S

To day my basic lunch is a ham&cheese sandwich (2.5 points), yogurt, apple&caramel and salad

Kelly - that salad sounds so delish! I will definitely be stealing your idea.

I love this pasta salad.

Wraps are also a great idea. You can stuff a ton of veggies and lean meats in one. I love roasted red pepper, a bit of hummus, and turkey slices rolled together in a La Tortilla. Very yummy and only 3 points.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14