The Quick Magical Breakfast Blaster on Oprah by Dr. OZ

1 scoop (1/3cup) soy protein

1/2 tbsp. flaxseed oil

1/4 cup frozen blueberries

1/2 large bananas (or any other fruit)

1/2 tbsp. apple juice concentrate or honey

1 tsp. Psyllium seed husks

*Makes 2 servings

My question: Do I count any points for the protein? I am assuming that I do not for the flaxseed oil nor for the Psyllium seed husks. Just not sure about the protein. The salesperson talked me into gettting the whey protein over the soy protein. I am going to make this in the mornings since he said that it is very filling and keeps you full for a long time. I plan to add 1 cup milk and replase the 1/2 tbsp of apple juice concentrate or honey with 1 tbsp. of ff/sf pudding mix.

What do you all think about that?

ARe you doing flex or core? I don't know the core rules.

For flex - you count all the points.

1 scoop of protein powder = 50 calories and 0.5 fat - but look at the NI on your package

1 1/2 teaspoon flaxseed oil (which is 1/2 tablespoon) = 60 - 6.8 fat

then your berries, milk, pudding, etc.

Psyllium seeds - i found 20 calories for a tablespoon - with 5 gm fiber ... so that would be 0 points.

If you're Core - a corebie will come along soon

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Oh my goodness. It would be 6.5 pts for this!!! That is if I have calculated correctly.

1.protein 1 scoop 90 calories 2 fat = 2 pts

2.flaxseed oil 1 tsp 40 calories 4.5 fat= 1pt

3.psyllium husk 1.5 tbsp (recipe doesn't call for this much)seed

20 calories5 fiber= 0 pts

4. 1 cup ff milk 2pts.

5. 1/2 cup frozen fruit 1/2 pt

6. 1/2 banana 1/2 pt.

7. 1/2 tbsp. honey 1/2 pt

Total points=6.5

Did I do this correctly?

Can the flaxseed oil be counted towards 1 serving of good oil for me?

OH!! I am doing flex.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

The 1/2 banana would be 1 point - one medium banana is 2 points for the entire thing.

1/2 tablespoon of the oil would = 1 1/2 teaspoon - if you just used 1 teaspoon tho your info would be right. Flaxseed oil IS one of the healthy oils! The healthy oils include olive, canola, sunflower, safflower or flaxseed.

The recipe said it made 2 servings - so you'd halve the total points unless you drank the whole thing.

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Thank you BarbA. I made it and had only this for my breakfast. I will see if it keeps me full until my lunch, which is 11:30. I hope so. It gave me protein (from whey protein), fruit, milk and good oil. I exercised 47 minutes (3 mile WATP). I usually get hungry around 10:50am. Hopefully, this will keep me full like Dr. OZ (on Oprah) said.

UPDATE: I did NOT get hungry before lunch, and I normally do. The taste is okay. Nothing spectacular. It is NOT nasty though. Just nothing to brag about. It will be a keeper for me. Try it and let me know what you think.

Guest MeAgain

Did you just whizz this in the blender?

Guest Opallaur

If you're looking for another quick breakfast that keeps you full till lunch - I have one.

I found it on the breakfast forum here.

Chocolate Peanut-Butter Oatmeal.

Here is what I use:

1 teaspoon fat reduced peanut butter

2 teaspoon hersey chocolate syrup

1/2 cup real oatmeal - I bought mine at a bulk store.

I take mine to work so here is how I prepare it:

In a 1 cup plastic container I put the peanut butter, syrup then the oats, put the lid on it and take to work. (no mixing at this point)

At work I add 1/2 cup water and put it in the mircowave for 50 seconds with no lid on. ( this is important cause with a lid and set for 1 min - it expolds all over the microwave - very yucky mess to clean up!- trust me - I did it twice! :mad: )

Then mix and enjoy.

I usually have a cup of milk with this and take a few spoonfuls of my milk and add it to the oatmeal to cool it off.

total points (with out milk): 4. With a cup of skim/1% milk: 6

It's fast easy - it's very tasty - I eat mine around 8:00 am and I don't have lunch till 12:00-12:15 - I am nowhere near starving at lunch.

This meal gives you: a little protein, fat, carbs (if you drink a cup of milk, there is your dairy as well.)

MeAgain..yes, I just put everything in a blender. I add 1 cup of ff milk to this to help me get a milk serving in..as well as some ice.

Thanks for the additional recipe. I'll have to give that a try.

You could add a bit of SF DaVinci or Torani syrups to bump up the flavor without adding calories.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

If you're looking for another quick breakfast that keeps you full till lunch - I have one.

I found it on the breakfast forum here.

Chocolate Peanut-Butter Oatmeal.

i DITTO THAT!:D

SW 233

CW 168

GW 155

Gluten, Dairy, Nuts, Soy, Grain intolerant, nightshade allergie too