Health Discovery Network
Sandylee

Setting Point Target?? Daily or Weekly

I am just little confused on setting the point target in the new WW plan. Most of the questions are set and not going to change on a daily basis. But activity level does. It can be anywhere from 0-6 on any given day. Some days I am very busy and active in my daily life, some days no. I have a desk, I have days where I barely sit down and days when I barely get up. I just dont know if the target is supposed to be changed to reflect your true activity level for the day or left as is and adjusted with APs. Any input is appreciated. Thanks Buddys!

Sandy

Joined WW 02/02/02

Lifetime 04/05/03

sw 165.4 cw 165.4 gw ??

Little by little, one travels far.....J.R.R. Tolkien

According to my leader, it is weekly, and won't change day to day. She said that you have to take what you do for a living, and what you do most often to figure out your activity level. She said if you sit at a desk during your day, you are probably at 0 points.

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

Remember, you can still earn APs as well. If your normal routine is relatively sedentary, just that to figure your point target. And then if you have a day where you get more activity than normal, count the APs that day.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I would err on the side of caution and figure a zero. Then when you have active days wear a pedometer and see how many AP's you truly earn. As a stay at home mom this helps. Some days I do the stairs 50 times, some days I have time to sit and read. Every day is different.

"There is no elevator to success, you have to take the steps"

walmart tee shirt

SW: 214.5

CW: 214.5 OUCH!

GW: 165

I'm a couch potato at home, but on days that I work I'm mostly on my feet walking around. I only work 3-4 days a week (10 hr shifts), so I'm equal parts couch potato and active, and I've been changing mine... :bcb_worry

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

Thanks Buddys for the insight. I can see that setting a target and adding points for activity is probably the way to go. In the past I have almost always just counted planned exercise for AP. But with the new points being so low for me (18) I may have to broaden my thinking on that. For instance I walk on my breaks twice a day for 15 minutes. I havn't been counting any points for that but now I am thinking I will take that point.

I think the idea is to be responsible and not over estimate our activty level. And still eat enough to lose weight. Somewhere is that fine line. Having the AP helps us find it.

Cheetara I think with a schedule like yours I would change daily also. It would be just way too different otherwise. Either too much or too little. I love how WW allows us to adapt the plan format to work in our real lives.

Sandy

Joined WW 02/02/02

Lifetime 04/05/03

sw 165.4 cw 165.4 gw ??

Little by little, one travels far.....J.R.R. Tolkien