Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
BarbA

Forgot to soak my beans!

Drats! I was going to make bean soup today and forgot to soak my beans over night! Is there some way i can still make the soup for dinner tonight? Or should i just soak now and plan on it being dinner for Friday or Saturday?

I thought i read something about boiling them, and then letting them sit for a few hours, then making the soup, but i can't find those instructions/directions anywhere!

TIA for your help.

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

You can still have them in time for dinner! You cancook them unsoaked and it only takes about 15 extra minutes. Just bring them to a boil then turn the heat off, put the lid on and let it set until it's fully cooked. Give it a try!!!

Jayne

---

I actually never soak my beans. I bring them to a boil in a pot of water and let them simmer/low boil for 3ish hours. I like them to burst somewhat because it will thicken the broth and make a rich heavy pot of beans(very clowdy brown). I season with salt and a few drops of liquid smoke (replaces hamhock). I just like a good pot of beans and they make an excellent chili this way also. I wouldn't use these to make any bean salad etc..as they will have many burst skins.

Store Bought:

I also will used Bush's pinto beans in a push for a recipe/salad.they are actually pretty yummy.

Be your own best friend every day.