Health Discovery Network
pyccku

I heard back from Whataburger about their RF ranch dressing...

Simply unbelievable. I went to Whataburger a couple of weeks ago and ordered a salad with RF dressing. They gave me one packed of RF ranch dressing. I looked at the nutritional info and was shocked - 22g fat, 230 calories, soybean oil is the #2 ingredient.

Now I know they can do it better than that - even Hidden Valley ranch only has 7g fat in their light dressing! So I e-mailed their customer service to tell them I was shocked that the RF product was so horrible, nutrition-wise.

They e-mailed me back saying that since the 22g was at least 25% less fat than their regular dressing, they felt justified in calling it RF. OK, they are technically correct. But you can certainly not feel that that would be considered a HEALTHY choice, or the best they could possibly offer.

SW:233.0 CW:233.0 GW:160

Guest ~Wendy~

Thats fast food in a Nutshell. Sorry but it is:salut

Yes it can be better. But I really dont think it will. If going to fast fast food you really need to prepare youself

What dismays/surprised me was that this was their ONLY RF offering for dressings.

I go to BK, McD, Sonic, or any other FF place and they do have something that truly is light or FF. I go to the store and see several varieties of reduced fat dressing - Ranch included! - and somehwo they are able to get it down to 7g fat per serving. But Whataburger only offers dressing with 22g fat in it? That's crazy!

I find that FF can be part of my plan, so long as I stick to the healthy stuff. Most restaurants do offer something that can be part of that plan. Not Whataburger.

SW:233.0 CW:233.0 GW:160

I ran into a similar situation at another restaurant .. (can't remember which one now .. Crackerbarrel maybe?) I thought i was doing the "right" thing by ordering RF dressing, didn't use the whole thing, but certainly used more than i would have, had i known it was that high in fat/points. When i looked up the NI at home later, was dismayed to see that .. INDEED .. it was lower in fat than their regular dressing, but was HARDLY lowfat!! Gives creedance to the philosophy that some WW/BCBers have of bringing their own dressing in their purses!!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

I have started to carry ff packets of ranch and Splenda(I do not like the pink packets) in my purse for this very reason. When I go to Wendy's or the cafeteria at work and they give me more packets than I need, I just save them. Sometimes I don't want to waste my points on the dressing and have budgeted/planned for another menu item.

Starting wt 282 7/12/06

Goal wt 180

weight.png

weight.png