Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
lilwitch78

Last 10 pounds

I am not sure if anyone else is like this but, it seems like it has taken forever to get those last 10 pounds off. It is like my body will just not let them go. It is starting to get warmer here so I am going to go running more often. Maybe that will work. It also seems like those last 10 pounds are being stored in the rear. Man the first 10 were so easy. Maybe this is my "winter" weight. Can not wait until these last 10 leave forever.

Lori<br /><br />180/140/125

Guest imported_Kelly_S

One of my friends it took 6 months to lose the last 5 pounds before she hit goal. It is just like that the closer you are the harder it gets.

I'm having the same problem with the last 10 pounds - I keep gaining and losing the same 1-1.5 pounds, and I haven't gotten anywhere in a couple of months.

I think part of my problem though is that I lost a lot of my determination, it's so much easier now that I'm at a healthier weight and I know I look good, I lost a lot of the motivation I had from earlier on.

I really don't know if I'm ever going to get to my actual personal goal.

181.2/123/125

I am having the same problem!!!! I need to lose about 10 to reach 10%......but they aren't budging!!! I"ve been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for the past two months! It's so frustrating!!!! Im not sure exactly what I'm going to do about it....I hate to not eat my flex......I don't want to half to maintain at a low points value....and I always eat my AP's.....maybe I should try not eating some of the flex.....

andrea

Recommitted:6/17/04

173.8/168/164

WW Goal: 164 (4 lbs to go!)

10% Goal: 156.8 (9.8 lbs to go)

PG: 150 (18 lbs to go)

Well I am at my last 10.5, hopefully these will be gone by june 3rd because that's when I'm leaving for vacation. I've lost 15.5 that im proud of but these last 10.5....

Started WW 1-19-04<br />SW 161.0<br />CW 142<br />GW 140<br />Pounds Left 2

Guest girlinmotion

I have some suggestions:

1. Are you doing your best to eat healthy foods? Is there anything you can do to make your diet healthier and gear up your metabolism? Some ideas: no white flour, all whole grains. Higher fiber. Less saturated fat (switch to olive oil, nuts, fish...cut back on bad for you fats in margerine, cheese, meat. Are you getting lots of low fat calcium from your food? Studies show that low fat dairy seems to help weight loss.

2. Take a close look at how well you are tracking your food. Have you gotten relaxed with the program to the point where you are not measuring and your portions might have grown? Are you still getting >5 veggies, all the calcium and water that you need? Are you overcounting APs now that you've gotten lighter? Are your workouts less intense now that your body is used to them?

3. Evaluate your goal, now that you are closer to it. How is your body looking and feeling. Did you set your goal really low in the range? Do you have a lot of muscle and not much fat? Does it still make sense? Have your body fat measured or talk to your doctor if you think you need to re-adjust your goal weight

4.If everything else is in order, try shaking things up a bit. Try the fast track high protein or high carb options. Try some new healthy foods or recipes. Try a new activity, challenge yourself!

Above all, be patient. You are worth it!

I have tried it all. My body loves these last 10 lbs. I have lots of muscle so I might have to adjust my weight goal. I know I should exercise more but I have a 19 month old, am going to school for 2 degrees and work part time. I am surprised I have not gained anything back but for some reason have maintained. I look at it like this, it could be worse. I eat healthy and exercise 3-4 times a week. Spring is here and as soon as the weather is better my daughter and I will be swimming and doing other outdoor activites that will improve my body. I am proud of the 40 lbs. I have lost so far.

Thanks

Lori<br /><br />180/140/125