Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Tegteg

What is GLOP?

I have searches a few areas and found the word, but not what it is.

I am intrigued!! Especially since it made a top 10 list.

Share!!! (Please) ;)

Teg

Teg

Teg: See below (I copied this for you from another thread). GLOP stands for Get Lots of Protein and I think some people use BOCA crumbles instead of ground turkey:

GLOP

26oz jar of any salsa (I use Great Value brand from Walmart)

1 pound extra lean ground turkey, cooked, broken up as for tacos etc

1 cup cooked rice (the following values are for brown rice as that's all that I had)

24 oz carton fat free cottage cheese

Throw it all together in a bowl and stir!

That's it! We like to eat it wrapped in a tortilla or with tortilla chips. It's good hot or cold.

Nutritional Values

Makes 17 - 1/2cup (120g) servings

Per serving:

105 calories

.7g fat

.9 fiber

12g protein

2 Points!

~ Kellie

5'10" SW 243/CW 212/WW 174/PG 160

~~Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain

and to make it even more points friendly, you can substitute TVP for the turkey (TVP=2pts per cup) and substitute bulgar (2 pts/cup) for the rice!

Ouis

224/212/177/145

hard-corer

There is no "try," there is only "do"~ Yoda

If you didn't add the rice or bulgur....what do you think the points value would be then?

Recommitted:6/17/04

173.8/168/164

WW Goal: 164 (4 lbs to go!)

10% Goal: 156.8 (9.8 lbs to go)

PG: 150 (18 lbs to go)

Bulgar is a grain - wheat, I believe. It is sooooo tasty and half the points of rice. I buy mine at Shop Rite in the rice/grain/beans aisle. It's in with the "fancier" stuff.

Do a search under some of the different areas and you'll find recipes and ideas. (Sorry, I don't know how to paste them here for you.)

I cook mine in my ricr cooker. I put 1/4 c bulgar in a measuring cup then add enough water to make a cup. 1/4 c bulgar uncooked is 1 1/2 points. So, mine cooked to make a cup I count as 1 1/2 points.

It's great warm with some yogurt.

I made a salad the other night with bulgar, beans, corn, onions and some garlic salt. Ohhhhh!! YUMMMMM! :D

Enjoy!

Teg

PS Can you tell I LOVE bulgar?? smile.gif

Teg

Teg you sold me. I am going to buy some today at the store. :D

Grace

:kickbutt:

Back to WW for Good 8/6/2010

Just as a side note -- I usually make bulgur in large batches (1 cup grain to 2 cups boiling water, put in tupperware container and cover - within 1/2 hour the grain has absorbed the water). Then I keep it covered in the fridge for up to two weeks. I have also used it in place of rice, but usually have it in the morning heated up with some fresh fruit cut up in it and I'll add a little FF french vanilla coffee creamer. Haven't tried the Davinnci syrups in it yet, but understand that is also good. There some great bulgur threads in the recipe forum.

~ Kellie

5'10" SW 243/CW 212/WW 174/PG 160

~~Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain